Deck or Driveway.....thoughts?

Kevin, while the concrete driveway is a little more fireproof, do be sure to avoid having your charcoal chimney sitting directly on top of the driveway when you light up. I haven't have that occur because I was warned in the weber tips here not to do that, but the chimney heat will crack the concrete.

I use a couple of bricks under to space the chimney off the concrete.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RickRS:
Kevin, while the concrete driveway is a little more fireproof, do be sure to avoid having your charcoal chimney sitting directly on top of the driveway when you light up. I haven't have that occur because I was warned in the weber tips here not to do that, but the chimney heat will crack the concrete.

I use a couple of bricks under to space the chimney off the concrete. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks! lots of good advice and feedback. much appreciated...

with the chimney, i was thinking about using the side burner of my grill to heat it...do you think that would work?

I think i decided that I will use the smoker on the driveway....my deck already has a grill and my master forge propane smoker plus patio furniture. I'd like to have some space when I use the WSM and the driveway will be perfect i think. Of course, in the winter i may move it to the deck.

thanks for the tip on the chimney, i would have lit it on the driveway and i'm glad you made the suggestion....very helpful....

i'm gonna love these boards. first smoke is saturday, just doing some chicken....

Back