Decided to get the 18.5, now from where? Anyone know any online store specials?

Christopher H

TVWBB Fan
So I decided to go with the 18.5 WSM and I would like to buy within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone know of any online or brick and mortar stores that have the 2014 model and might currently have any sort of coupon that would apply to the purchase?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in SE Michigan (for brick and mortar stores)

The price seems to stay stuck at $299

1) If you qualify, you may be able to get a military or LEO discount.
The bricks and mortar stores that carry WSMs here are Ace Hdwe and Lowes.
Lowes has them only at their "high volume" stores.
Home Depot is a Weber dealer but my stores do not have the WSM line.

2) You may be able to talk a dealer into selling a 2013 model at a discount.
Weber values the therm port upgrade at $20-something when you price the replacement center section and that's without the actual grommet (hole is there)...so add another $12-ish for the grommet and you have a $30+ dollar difference in terms of replacement parts.
Last Black Friday my local Ace Hdwe manager told me "The lowest I can go is $240 on that 18.5 WSM".
So I would estimate dealer cost to be $200 -$215 per unit (low volume buyer).

I've done a therm port mod on an older 18.5" WSM so not having the actual OEM item is not a big deal.
I think I like the looks of mine better anyway.
Many have the OEM port and use the notch mod instead.

It looks like the going rate is $299. You might check retailmenot.com for coupon codes for places near you that might have it. It looks like Lowe's currently has a 10% off coupon code, so you could probably save $30 if there is Lowe's near you.

Christopher;
If I were you, I would try to find a stocking store that has a "left over" 2013 Model and bargain with them. Then put the notch in the top edge of the barrel and you'll have a much better solution than the grommet. I bought a new 14.5" with grommet and after one time use, I cut the notch in the barrel. I MUCH rather use it - MUCH, MUCH better...

Or if you have to pay full price, then click on the Amazon link above and buy it through this link and the Forum will get a small percentage of the sale (that's what I did with BOTH of my WSM's).

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

For what it's worth, you'll probably pay the going price of 299.00, unless you score on craigs list. If you buy new,
order online from a site with free shipping and no tax. That's how I buy mine. High tax in Washington State. Good luck.

I have one that is 2 months old that is in new condition used 5 five times included is chimney starter, rubber gloves,weber starter blocks and 60 lbs. kingsfort charcoal. $250 cash. I live in s.e. Chicago suburbs.

Back