Dave's Camp Chef Woodwind 36 WIFI Experiences

So I wanted to post a quick update about something. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll see that my Woodwind 36 arrived with a few defects (which they fixed except a small ding on the body in the back). Camp Chef said they'd issue me around a $215 refund which I thought was very fair. What I didn't know was that their crediting system was screwed up. I was reviewing my email when I had inquired about the credit and they responded back that in mid March, my account was credited FIVE times for a total of $1,077.50 in the first week of March. They said "It's your lucky day!". They didn't try to reclaim the money and I feel like an idiot for not noticing, but I was so heads down with Covid stuff that I didn't notice. My total order as $1,224.85. I ended up paying $147.35 for the grill!!!!! That's just insane and I have to give them props for just eating their mistake. Impressed for sure.

So I wanted to post a quick update about something. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll see that my Woodwind 36 arrived with a few defects (which they fixed except a small ding on the body in the back). Camp Chef said they'd issue me around a $215 refund which I thought was very fair. What I didn't know was that their crediting system was screwed up. I was reviewing my email when I had inquired about the credit and they responded back that in mid March, my account was credited FIVE times for a total of $1,077.50 in the first week of March. They said "It's your lucky day!". They didn't try to reclaim the money and I feel like an idiot for not noticing, but I was so heads down with Covid stuff that I didn't notice. My total order as $1,224.85. I ended up paying $147.35 for the grill!!!!! That's just insane and I have to give them props for just eating their mistake. Impressed for sure.
Damn, well now it makes the SmokeFire look less like a disaster.

You now have the deal of the year. Congratulations

I think you read that backwoods. What I got from it is Camp Chef made an error and ate the cost. Weber on the other hand is still denying the disaster.
Oh no, I got it right, I bet Dave feels better about spending $1200 on the SF now that CF hooked home up big time!!

Hey everyone. Long time, no update. Yesterday I was planning to cook a filet mignon on the Smokefire EX6 but when I started to use it, the firmware update process started and if you've been through that, you know it's SLOWWWWWWWWWWW going. I decided to change plans and use the Campchef Woodwind 36.

I smoked the filet to 100 degrees running a chamber temp of 210. I then removed the filet, cranked the Woodwind 36 to HIGH, opened the direct flame slide and slathered the filet with a seasoned aioli, After about 15 minutes I put the filet back onto the grill to sear until it hit 122 degrees. I have to say that this thing works really well. The one thing about the Woodwind is it runs like a top. Never had an issue and it produces good results. I can tell you that the smoke flavor is not as good as the Smokefire EX6 or the Masterbuilt gravity fed I have. However, with the upgraded grates on the Woodwind, it can certainly put some nice grill marks on a steak!

20201102181045-f4c5aa72-me.jpg

20201102180943-e8b52d80-me.jpg

20201102180059-d609a295-me.jpg

20201102175954-2346719a-me.jpg

I was a good portion of the way through the cook before the Smokefire finished its firmware update. LOL

Last edited:

Back