Dark Blue Performer Platinum

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
The wife and I traveled to Richmond today to watch our sons swearing in ceremony for the Navy tomorrow morning. To keep her from being sad that her baby was leaving, I told her I would take her shopping for the day to keep her occupied.

So we walk into a Crate and Barrel and I see the grill I have been looking for in my area for the last year. Could never find a decent used one in this color and only new ones online.

Wife saw me looking at it and said to go ahead and get it. Told her I really didn't want to drop $350 right now and she said she had a 20% coupon on email. Trying to not let her see how excited I was about the possibility, I told her I bet they won't take a coupon on Weber products. Also reminded her that we drover her car and not the truck, so I couldn't get it home. I walked away telling her to keep shopping and went to find a bathroom. When I came back she told me she talked with a sales girl who told her she would take the coupon and suggested we unpack it in the parking lot to see if it would fit. The sales girl even told me that she could return it if we couldn't get it to fit in the car. I was like a kid on Christmas morning!

What I have to fit it in.

It all fit without even having to put the seats down.

Can't wait to put it together tomorrow night and start cooking. It's going to be a great spring/summer.

Looking good.

It's amazing how much packaging is used these days. I understand why it's needed, but jeez, the boxes are so big.

Nice, way to cheer your Wife up shopping!!! :rolleyes: It looks like there is enough room in that trunk for the pizza oven too!!!

What a super nice wife, wheeling and dealing while you are otherwise occupied and then let you turn her car into a truck for the day... Amazing:rolleyes:
You are going to love cooking on that grill..

A great story with a happy ending, you're going to love your new performer! Congrats to your son!

You scored nicely on both your wife and that new machine. I love my performer and I can't wait to see your's in action. I'm also looking forward to you posting a cook on your performer when your son returns home.

Thanks all. I can't wait to cook on it either. We are extremely proud of our boy. Showed it to him last night when we went to his hotel to visit him. He said the first thing he wants to eat when he comes home to visit, is to cook on it for his first meal. Between the wife, son and grill, I am a lucky, lucky man!

Your wife is a keeper for sure. I had to do the same when I bought my performer. Only I left the box at the store and thought I had thrown away some small parts with it when I started to assemble the kettle. They were fortunately found in the back of the car.

congratulations on your son's service, and thank you.

What is that gizmo on the grille? Is that the rotisserie unit? I don't see anything like it Weber's site.

Back