Dang Good Chicken

I've been grilling bone-in breast & leg quarters like this forever, what am I missing here! I didn't realize this was a new technique!

Either bank the coals to one side or use the baskets on each side. The only thing I pay more attention to is that I do brine the bird overnight & not to go crazy with the charcoal. I never turn them, I never look at them until about an hour into the cook.
Nope, I don't think you are missing anything, it seems like you've got this.

I've been grilling bone-in breast & leg quarters like this forever, what am I missing here! I didn't realize this was a new technique!

Either bank the coals to one side or use the baskets on each side. The only thing I pay more attention to is that I do brine the bird overnight & not to go crazy with the charcoal. I never turn them, I never look at them until about an hour into the cook.
Not a new technique, just what i do and they always come put perfect.

One thing i noticed is I used to slice chicken breast to create 2 of them where they were so thick. Not anymore. Leave them whole and thick.

I dint brine either. I sometimes marinade, but just oil and dry rub and they are juicy and delicious at 165°

Back