Damaged middle section

Nathan Bauer

TVWBB Fan
So I got my small WSM about 3 weeks ago. I noticed right away that my lid didn't sit flush with the middle section but thought I just needed a couple smokes to seal it up good. I've since used it 5 times and have had trouble with maintaining temps. I looked closer after tonights cook and found some damage to the middle section above the door. It's out of round and has some enamal that has come off.
icon_mad.gif

Just sent an email to Weber. Hopefully this won't be a big deal. I have to assume that this happened during shipping. I was careful not to drop anything when I put it together and it only moves from my empty 3rd stall to the drive way when I use it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

There are occasional problems with parts, sometimes from manufacturing and sometimes from shipping. The fastest way to deal with it is to call Weber Customer Support at 800-446-1071 and they should be able to take care of it right over the phone. The usual result is a new part shipped free of charge and no need to send back the defective part.

Regards,
Chris

I had almost the same problem altho i saw it in the box(chiped enamal)

The response from weber was keep on smoking we send u new parts.

I have got all the new parts and im feeling good to have a Weber.

They live up to the name.

Call or take a pic and email to them and im sure it wont be a problem.

Bless

Weber is coming though yet again. Called them yesterday and they are shipping a new piece out. I was hoping they would let me keep the one I have but they want me to ship it back. Oh well, I'm just happy they a correcting the problem.

I would of ask for them to e mail a postage prepaid label ! I guess there getting touchy sending out this stuf ! They have been great about CS I know I would blow my stack on a cooker specialy a new one if I had to pony up 20$ or more for postage to get a part replaced like a lid or what have you ! They atleast should pay the return postage on a factory or shipping defect .

This seems to be a new twist in the last couple weeks I think.

This is just my 2 cents

Weber is paying for the shipping. They told me to pack it in the box the one comes in and then call them and they will contact Fedex to pick it up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan Bauer:
Weber is paying for the shipping. They told me to pack it in the box the one comes in and then call them and they will contact Fedex to pick it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the WEBER we all know and luv
icon_smile.gif

Just an FYI for everyone. I emailed Weber before calling them. It was suggested that I call to get it resolved quicker. I was on hold about 2 minutes and it was maybe a 5 minute conversation with the CS rep on the phone to get it resolved. She did not ask for pictures. When i checked my emails later that day I got a response regarding the email I sent and that rep did request that I send pics. They must assume that if you contact them using a computer that you have access to a camera to email them pics I guess.

Back