Current state of my butts

Vin

TVWBB Fan
icon_smile.gif

OK.. 2 butts, 18lbs pretrimmed total weight. Probably around 16 lbs trimmed. Rubbed with a KCStyle Rub recipe found on one of these sites. at 1-2

Started my first overnite cook last night around 7:30pm. Monitored cooker temp till about 11pm when I called it a night.. Cooker was leveled off at about 240* at the lid...

1st run to TVWBB - funny brownish water on the drip pan... search of TVWBB tells me it's condensation. Normal, no worries.

2nd run to TVWBB - cant get thru 160-170* internal. Again.. normal plateau of these meats.

3rd run to TVWBB - it's now 2pm, been going for 18 hrs now on one load of Rancher... how much longer can this one bowl of charcoal last?

Darn things look and smell mighty fine though..

Sounds great Vin!

I'll be doing my first cook with Rancher coals tomorrow - I'm looking forward to it. Good to hear they've been staying strong for as long as you've reported!

Keep us posted on your progress!

I foiled them at about 4 EDT to get them over the hump... They're at 185 now and temps are at about 275* (at 5pm next day from a 7:30pm light). Now going on 21 hours... wow. Only thing I did to them was stir them at 7am when I woke up.. temps then were at about 175*

when these are at 195*, off they come and on go about 15# of wings to do tonight....

Back