Creekstone Farms Burgers wit cheese!

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
When you're out and about judging BBQ contests, conversation among judges invariably wanders to the question, "Where the best place to get good meat around here?"

While judging the Van Ruiten Winery BBQ Cook Off in Lodi, CA, I was directed to visit Lakewood Meats & Sausage. Among the things I picked up were brats and platter bacon and beef jerky and this high quality Creekstone Farms ground chuck, which I grilled as 1/3 lb burgers last night on the Weber Summit 450.

A little S&P, grilled to medium doneness, smeared a little Texas BBQ sauce on top followed by a slice of American and a slice of Baby Swiss, placed on a toasted bun...and I was starting to wonder whether I even needed any condiments???

bUA99eC.jpg

The dimple approach to avoiding burger bulging.

QSu8FFC.jpg

A smear of Texas BBQ sauce for added flavor.

LOXEDm8.jpg

Getting the cheese all melty.

qyJbD0o.jpg

I promise there's a 1/3 lb burger under there somewhere! #juicy #whoneedsproduce #needmorenapkins

WOW!!! That looks delicious, the only thing missing is the onions. Have to have onions on my burger.

Right up my alley Chris. Looks amazing. Probably won't make Lodi, but we plan to be in Petaluma in a few weeks and are driving over to Marin Sun Farms in Pt. Reyes Station and do a little shopping.

Back