Craigslist Genesis Gold

TomMurphy

Morning, all --

First-timer here. Been racing to catch up on the forums here and cannot learn fast enough. Came across this Genesis Gold on Craigslist and going to see it today.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/grd/d/bayville-weber-genesis-grill/7309991284.html

00s0s_6MRFv93tac0z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01414_jTSy5R3zddhz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Seller asking $95. Looking to clean up and grill on it, not necessarily restore (though it looks pretty good on the outside, may be worth becoming my first restoration).

Price ok? Which Gold is this? Any key items that would be an instant no-go?

Seller also has Summit Gold, looks like 2005, that I am gonna pass on because discontinued flavorizers, etc.

Thanks for any and all help, wise Weberites.

Turns out the grill was in great shape -- but we cracked the firebox trying to get the lid off to fit it into my Pathfinder. :(

See if you can get a new firebox from Weber CS (worth a shot), if not then just look for another Silver B/C for a parts grill and take it off that, should have lots of them around.

Good luck on the restore on that grill. You will be able to use any Silver/Gold B or C grill cook box on that grill.

Thanks. Guess I'm doing a restore after all!

The seller felt bad and gave me the Summit Gold, too. It's rustier, and the ignition button is broken. But it still flames up nicely ... gonna try some hot dogs on it tomorrow. Such a big grilling area.

Anyone know what the Summit Gold would be worth as scrap? It works but way too far gone to put any money into.

You probably won't get anything for it. But local scrappers will probably come out and pick it up. There are several good parts you should strip from it first however.

Back