Crack Burgers incoming!

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
The crack burger is something I have been paying attention to lately…..if you haven’t seen it then check that out.
Made a burger sauce, and some thinner smash burgers than they usually do, but this is my take…2.6 to 2.8 ounce patties per.
I can post my version if absolutely needed…
Toppings are fried onions and burger sauce……
Pics detail the ingredients….
Here is hoping for a juicy run.

Attachments

• IMG_1366.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1368.jpeg
    IMG_1368.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1370.jpeg
    IMG_1370.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1371.jpeg
    IMG_1371.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
All cooked up n cleaned up….

A few minor adjustments and we are on.

Attachments

• IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1379.jpeg
    IMG_1379.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1380.jpeg
    IMG_1380.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I didn't have much time to write last night.......
Used the Slate obviously.....I have a pic of them smashed and cooking but apparently I did not post it.
It was quite dark when I got around to cooking them as you can see by the onions cooking.
Came out pretty tasty and juicy.....I omitted the shredded cheese that goes inside the burger on this first attempt....It may have improved it maybe not.....but I did get the bacon in there.....
They tend to not hold together very well once I smashed them.....and pretty sure it is the sour cream additon to the raw burger.
The meat felt a lot more pasty and sticky compared to just making regular smash burger balls.
Most people I seen making these online made pre formed patties a bunch thicker which now I understand why.
Next round will be added shredded cheddar and formed patties pre sear.....this will hold up better and get a better crust on them.
Toppings was only the fried onions and burger sauce.

My sauce included mayo, ketchup, bbq sauce and chopped dill....it was another first attempt but it won't be the last.
A hint of sweetness and smoke from the bbq sauce ( I used Blues Hog champion blend ).....the right viscosity with the rest of the ingredients.
Next cook will be in the sunlight and be a much better lookng and hopefully tasting product.

My burger go to's now are going to be this once I master it and the 2 ounce hard smash burgers that cook for about a minute, stacked in triple.

Thanks for looking!.......if you are interested in this " crack burger style "I recommend looking up some crack burger recipes and seeing the mildly different takes and try your own.
From what I see the flat top makes them the best as it appears grilling them makes them fall apart sometimes and using the flat surface keeps them much more moist and almost dripping in juice.

Damn! I was trying to not buy a Blackstone, and you ruined my plans. Awesome cook

There really isn't going to be much of a choice soon Chuck.....
Soon I hope to post a Philly Cheese cook where I make my own cheese sauce and trim my own beef from a semi frozen rib eye.....
As well as making silly things like I see online like this crazy grilled cheese hot dog made with pickled jalapeno....made up like this guy on his own Slate.....there seems to be a few different vids on these too...????
No one else is posting Slate cooks hardly.....might take up the vacancy and get a few good ones posted for you guys.

I have cooked on both the Slate and the Blackstone and have my own definite opinions on each.....but in the end any flat top will do the job, they just make some better than others.

Last edited:
I started doing smash burgers a few months ago, and the family loves them! I just use a half griddle plate on my Weber 435. My learning curve is things happen very quickly with the basically one minute flips. The other learning curve part is that you have to be sure you have a good smasher that has some heat protection to your hands! A long handle spatula is helpful for the flips.

I can only handle about 4 patties at once (2 burgers). If I have family coming over and have to cook 6 or 8 burgers, I just do my basic cheeseburgers that I can get several burgers off at the same time.

Back