cowboy chow

MikeB

TVWBB Fan
I've been wanting to try a recipe I found for Dutch oven cooking called Burger Beans and Biscuits. My girlfriend gets home late tonight, it's 21 degrees outside and I'm hungry so I thought I'd give it a go. I used her little, made in China Dutch oven on my EP-330.(I hope there is a Lodge Dutch oven under the tree for me tomorrow :cool: ) Overall time from pulling the grill cover to washing the couple of dishes I'd say was about an hour and a half, and my belly is full! I ended up with an easy meal and plenty of leftovers. I think the only thing different I will try next time is putting half the cheese on top of the beans before the biscuits, and the rest on top of the biscuits. I'd like to see more cheese mixed in with the beans and meat.
Pretty simple recipe actually; ground beef, baked beans, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, onion, instant biscuits, and cheese- linky

~Mike~

On to the crummy cell phone pictures:
2012-12-24_15_zps2cc31663.jpg

2012-12-24_16_zps162d5c1f.jpg

2012-12-24_17_zpsd8a64870.jpg

2012-12-24_18_zps6193aa74.jpg

2012-12-24_19_zpsac800a40.jpg

I like that! Reminds me of camp cooks waaaaay back in the day when I was a Boy Scout. And it still looks tasty! I'm gonna try it! Hope Santa brings you that Lodge Dutch oven!

Antigo Mike! Good to hear from you again dude!
Cookin' Lookin' Groovin'!
VeryNice!
MerryChristmas my friend!!

Nice DO cook brutha! May you get that lodge DO.

My wife had the inlaws buy me my first DO this year--- lodge #8 :D

Thanks everyone, glad I could share a good idea. Happy Holidays!
-Jim, a Wisconsin wave right back at ya, stay warm!

~Mike~

Back