Cover your rig!

If you remove the elastic from the WSMs storage cover it'll slide on/off in a snap
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ron "Rondo" hanson:
If you remove the elastic from the WSMs storage cover it'll slide on/off in a snap
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but it will still leak when rained on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ron "Rondo" hanson:
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but it will still leak when rained on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if you turn it inside out and get a little bottle of the $3.00 Coleman/Ozark Trail seam sealer. I did all my covers this fall and not a drip gets in. If you go over it 3X like I did, 1 bottle should cover your 18 WSM and most of a performer.

The cover is way too small for the 22.5" and doesn't come close to covering the majority of the entire length, poor design and someone should after-market. I need one for my Ranch also.

It is snowing here now and i was out shoveling and decicded to look in the uncovered wsm and saw my 14 hour smoke worth of ashes frozen into a solid block of ice. I decided to go out back and flipped over the bottom peice and dropped it a couple times, it all came out in one solid mass. I don't think it has ever been so clean. and I just threw the chunk into the alley. no ashy mess. Yay winter! I need to cook something now
icon_wink.gif

Leif

icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I did.I got tired of fighting the Guru motor mount.Now it goes on like soft butter.LOL.

Yea Chuck..and, to prevent leaks.....a trash bag can go on the WSM first, followed by the weber cover
icon_wink.gif
I rarely include the trash bag...forcast rain or a long absence
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If when not in use you turn the middle section upside down and reassemble it, it will be exactly like you thought it should be and will keep the rain out.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> ....pretty creative, and effective solution, guys
icon_wink.gif

I have an extra cover for my 22" OTG. I use the cover that came with my smoker (18"), and then throw the 22" cover on top. With both covers (and being sure to close the top vent), I haven't had a water problem.

"But here's my question: why is that nice cover the WSm comes with so @#$#@ tight? Why not have one that slips on easily rather than one that fits like jeans on a teenage girl and is just as much a struggle to get on?"

Hah! or getting them off when I was a frisky teenage boy.....maybe it was because I wasnt near as 'hot' as I thought I was!

Anyway, my WSM stays outside, I turn the mid-section upside down, cover with a heavy garbage bag and then the cover. It takes a little time (especially since I have handles on the mid-section) but I never have issues with water getting in the bottom.

Back