Couple of July 4th Cooks

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Gold Member
Happy Fourth, everyone! Some drool-worthy cooks being posted by people today. We went with some Thai style grilled chicken (Gai Yang), and mojo marinated pork Tenderloin sandwiches.

Marinated two pork tenderloins overnight in a basic mojo concoction, having reserved about 1/2 cup marinade separately. Grilled over JD until about 140°.
20220704_172703.jpg

Rested in remaining, uncontaminated mojo sauce for twenty minutes. Then sliced it and built sammies. Pressed for 15 minutes atop hot griddle. Used a decent loaf of French bread.
20220704_182017.jpg

Swiss cheese, extra mojo, pickles. Seved with chips. Separate pickle got its own plate, but my wife got to it first.
20220704_183935.jpg

Really tasty. Chicken for dinner. Also tasty.
20220703_213822.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day!

Impressive. Nice press moves and that chicken looks really good.

Many new cooks posted I know little about. Seems I find something good and don't consider change like I should.
Need to hang with Brett at his place for about 30 days to get me on track.
I have to start cooking chicken in halves, it looks so tasty.....and the colour you got is my goal all the time...but never works out.
What did we add to the outside of that chicken?
Looks like what I want to make.
We are making kettle chicken tonight, I usually add nothing to the skin.

Last edited:
Tim,
Chicken halves look great (just ordered two full birds from wild fork today, they are one of my favorite things to cook and eat), but that pork mojo pressed sandwich stole the show for me. Tell me about your mojo marinade, please!

Thank folks! Marinade was simple.

1/2 C juice from 2 oranges; 1/4 C juice from 2 limes; 1/4 C olive oil. 1/4 C oregano; 2t cumin; 2t black pepper; 8 cloves minced garlic.

That's it. I reserved about 1/3 of the marinade for the end. Tinfoil boat, add cooked pork and reserved marinade, let sit 10 minutes off heat before slicing.

Edit...my bad, I let it sit for 20 minutes not 10.

Last edited:
Impressive. Nice press moves and that chicken looks really good.

Many new cooks posted I know little about. Seems I find something good and don't consider change like I should.
Need to hang with Brett at his place for about 30 days to get me on track.
I have to start cooking chicken in halves, it looks so tasty.....and the colour you got is my goal all the time...but never works out.
What did we add to the outside of that chicken?
Looks like what I want to make.
We are making kettle chicken tonight, I usually add nothing to the skin.

Hey Darryl! Here's the recipe for that 🐔

Great looking grub, Tim, but I love your creative (and possibly unstable) use of CI to press your sandwiches! 🤣 Mostly because I have done this more times than I can count, and my family always laughs at me.....until they eat! :)

Thanks for the mojo recipe!

R

Yours will be better. You've been on a roll lately!
I love your faith...right away there are things the MRS will not eat. Need to make changes.
Is a huge webpage, will look it over when have more time when I am not at work and it would look like I need more time to marinade than after work till bbq time.

Great looking grub, Tim, but I love your creative (and possibly unstable) use of CI to press your sandwiches! 🤣 Mostly because I have done this more times than I can count, and my family always laughs at me.....until they eat! :)

Thanks for the mojo recipe!

R
Lol! I get that same reaction from my family.

As I'm looking now, I really need to de-scale that top ci pan

I love your faith...right away there are things the MRS will not eat. Need to make changes.
Is a huge webpage, will look it over when have more time when I am not at work and it would look like I need more time to marinade than after work till bbq time.

Yeah, just skip to the recipe by clicking the yellow bar ("Jump to Recipe"). My wife does not like fish sauce...she ate a bit but not much

Back