County fair style Turkey leg.

One of my boys said it was the best Turkey he’s ever eaten. I was impressed with the Prague powder, I used 1 teaspoon for the 8’pounds of Turkey and definitely got the color and texture I was hoping.
Everyone thought I nailed the county fair style I was going for.

Those look fantastic! We call those Disneyland Turkey Legs at my house. One of those and a bottle of sumthin' in the morning is the breakfast of champions.

Hey Bruno - nice legs! 🤣
Wondering what your finish temperature was? I see you ran the cooker at 325, did you pull the legs off at 180 or higher? I did some turkey legs that turned out pretty chewy. If I remember correctly, I may have pulled them at 170 to 180. I was thinking if I ever did turkey legs again I might try a foil wrap, but of course that messes up the skin/bark.

Hey Bruno - nice legs! 🤣
Wondering what your finish temperature was? I see you ran the cooker at 325, did you pull the legs off at 180 or higher? I did some turkey legs that turned out pretty chewy. If I remember correctly, I may have pulled them at 170 to 180. I was thinking if I ever did turkey legs again I might try a foil wrap, but of course that messes up the skin/bark.
I pulled those at 175.

Back