Country Style Ribs

Sean H

TVWBB Pro
For some reason, I like my CSRs bathed in sauce. I think I saw a similar method on BBQ Pit Boys, and it's the way my dad always made them (just in the oven, not the grill).

So first I started some sauce. I use peeled tomatoes as the base, as I like having some chunky pieces of tomato to sort of counter/complement the weird, misshapen look of the ribs. I also add some sauteed onions, cider vinegar, rub, honey, mustard, chili powder, cumin, Sriracha, and a little Worcestershire. Let it simmer for awhile while the meat cooks:

0JKnVBx.jpg

Got the grill fired up. Set up for indirect cooking, using some apple wood for smoke:

2eI3I0s.jpg

CSRs rubbed up and put on the grill:

k97Vos8.jpg

They cooked for awhile, then I put them into the sauce:

cip1S4D.jpg

Once the meat was nice and tender, it was time to eat. Here's a plated picture, served with Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, and cornbread:

LVzH1DG.jpg

Everything was excellent. When I was tasting the sauce as it was cooking, I was pretty worried I wouldn't like it. Thankfully, whatever I was tasting did not make it to the finished product, and it was just what I was looking to achieve. This is one of my favorite comfort meals, and great for a Sunday supper.

Last edited:
"This is one of my favorite comfort meals, and great for a Sunday supper."

This would one of anyone's favorite meals. VERY NICE!!!!! What's the gravy on the taters?

That's a plate that I would love to have in front of me. Good work! Did you grill the sprouts?

Back