Country Style Ribs Question

BrianZ

TVWBB Member
My local Costco sells pork shoulder sliced into thick strips. The strips average at least an inch thick and an inch wide. They are pretty long. If I were to put them in my WSM, how long should I figure on cooking them? Do I cook them to 190degrees? I would probably eat them as country style ribs and not use them for pulled pork, like I would for a whole butt. Any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrianZ:
My local Costco sells pork shoulder sliced into thick strips. The strips average at least an inch thick and an inch wide. They are pretty long. If I were to put them in my WSM, how long should I figure on cooking them? Do I cook them to 190degrees? I would probably eat them as country style ribs and not use them for pulled pork, like I would for a whole butt. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to grill, then simmer in a foiled pan of sauce until tender..

Brian,

I cook mine just like spares using 3-2-1 method. They come out so good that many of family members prefer them over spares and baby backs.

Back