Country Ribs, Corn 'n more

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Got Friday night's dinner on the OTS, big ol' fat pork country ribs (a few minutes a side direct then indirect and glazed with Blues Hog Barbecue sauce), half dozen cobs of sweet corn and a coupla sliced up yukons.
DSCN2569.jpg

tossed on some foiled garlic slices with red pepper flakes,
corn and the pork near it's end...
DSCN2570.jpg

added some broccoli...
DSCN2573.jpg

Served it all up on TWO plates...
DSCN2572.jpg

...no, that's not green mayo on the corn...
DSCN2574.jpg

...it's Wasabi! And It's GOOD on corn!!
Also, dusted with Penzey's Northwoods Seasoning.
Everything was yummy and all gone
icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for viewing and have a most enjoyable Independence Day celebration!
patriot.gif

Strange combo wasabi and corn.
Well the more i think about it i might work.

Last corn picture looks so sweet.

Bless

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
Fine looking meal and pics but the corn is still ruined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you mean - looks like he cooked it the way he wanted it.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
Fine looking meal and pics but the corn is still ruined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you mean - looks like he cooked it the way he wanted it.

Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He "ruined" it by putting wasabi or mayo on it. Its just a lame running joke we have going. IMO corn on the grill is so good it should be eaten naked, the corn not the person eating it that is.

Jim,
You didn't say what country those ribs were from, but they look mighty tasty!

Corn is looking great too, hope you're gettin' some good ears up there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:Corn is looking great too, hope you're gettin' some good ears up there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Still coming from Georgia, butt still GOOD!

Great looking Friday night dinner!! Wasabi on the corn. I love it with sushi and mashed potatoes, so gotta try some with corn, now!

Looks delish as usual Jim. I gotta tell my Japanese friends about the wasabi-mayo corn. Omoshiroi nee!

Back