Costco Rack of Pork

Awesome cook Jim! I recently rediscovered how much I enjoy pork chops and then I discovered the rack of pork. Not going to say it's my new favorite, but it is has been a very tasty and easy cook. Definitely a crowd pleaser in my house. Great use of the leftovers too! Do you mind sharing the details?

Awesome cook Jim! I recently rediscovered how much I enjoy pork chops and then I discovered the rack of pork. Not going to say it's my new favorite, but it is has been a very tasty and easy cook. Definitely a crowd pleaser in my house. Great use of the leftovers too! Do you mind sharing the details?

Details of the leftovers? Cut up some onion, celery, carrot and diced up the pork. Got a large pan sizzling hot with a little veg oil, then added the veggies, followed by some frozen peas I found in the freezer. Hit them with some low sodium soy sauce, black pepper and a kiss of toasted sesame oil. Took them off the heat, then pretty much did the same with the pork until heated through and browned and finally repeated with the rice. Added the meat and veg back in to get it all together. Had I been thinking, I would've scrambled some egg in there too and added some sliced green onion to finish.

Details of the leftovers? Cut up some onion, celery, carrot and diced up the pork. Got a large pan sizzling hot with a little veg oil, then added the veggies, followed by some frozen peas I found in the freezer. Hit them with some low sodium soy sauce, black pepper and a kiss of toasted sesame oil. Took them off the heat, then pretty much did the same with the pork until heated through and browned and finally repeated with the rice. Added the meat and veg back in to get it all together. Had I been thinking, I would've scrambled some egg in there too and added some sliced green onion to finish.

Yup! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Sounds pretty simple and looks really tasty. Guess I'm going to have to cook another rack of pork so I have left overs for pork fried rice! Oh darn!

JimK you did that rack of pork justice, looks fantastic, and as you know the flavor is off the charts.
We might have to keep it quiet pretty soon as everybody will want one or two.:cool:
Glad you enjoyed the rack of pork, i'v been trying to spread the word on how good they are for awhile.

Back