Costco Gen II S-345 in Chicago...

The more first hand reports we get, the less interested in these I am becoming in a Genesis II. See Horace's post.
Worst Weber Ever? | Page 2 | The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board (tvwbb.com)
If I did get one, I would rather have the open cart crimson with 9MM grates and the handle light which you can get for $949. Of course, you don't get that iGrill setup included or the cover. That Costco one even has illuminated knobs. A cool effect but then another gizmo to break and batteries to go bad. Overall, the Costco one is a very good price if you like the stainless hood and closed cart. Better keep it very clean and stored inside!

Yah, I have a feeling 5 years would be a good run for that Igrill built in thermometer setup, especially if it is left outside in the elements. But, then again, I have a feeling the whole frame of the grill is probably on a similar life cycle.

My upstairs neighbor bought one of these from Costco. He's been very happy with his past two Weber Genesis grills. I'm curious to see how this new one holds up here in low rainfall, low humidity San Jose. So far he's very happy with how it works.

Yah, I have a feeling 5 years would be a good run for that Igrill built in thermometer setup, especially if it is left outside in the elements. But, then again, I have a feeling the whole frame of the grill is probably on a similar life cycle.
Yeah, that's what it seems from the reports we are getting. I think they made a mistake making the slats on the bottom out of steel, especially. A set up like that seems to be just begging for rust to start.

Back