Corned Beef

No I never heard of it. I always was in Chicago and or Skokie and when you want fine deli it's where you have to be. There was a place I can't remember the name of back when we lived in Woodstock but far northeast side of Chicago and or Skokie. Nirvana. When we moved out here I started asking people "where can I find good deli here?" And you would think I had 2 heads and 6 eyes the way they they started back. Then I would get "What's deli". I knew I had left civilization as I knew it.
Occasionally I will make my own and it turns out not half bad but not like being in the city. Can't find any really good ethnic food here save for Mexican.

I noticed the same thing with Coney Island restaurants. I wish they were everywhere but they’re not. Around Detroit, they are most always run by Greek families and the menu has a great variety of breakfast food (all day), salads, sandwiches (gyros), chicken kabobs . . . and of course Coney Dogs (hot dogs with chili). I wouldn’t call it great food like a top notch deli, but always good food with great variety. Though one near me does something to their boneless skinless chicken breast that makes it tender and juicy - some type of marinade. But when I’m out of town, I never can find a Coney Island restaurant or even anyone who knows what I’m talking about.

Back