Corned beef on the wsm?

Vince B

TVWBB Pro
With the recent holiday I have been thinking about making a corned beef on my wsm. From reading over the years I think most guys make pastrami with a CB. I believe that you have to soak the CB in order to do this and I also have been craving a Ruben. Lets see what some of the members have been doing or links to these types of cooks. TIA Vince

Vince,

If you haven't already, take a look through the photo gallery for posts on/around 3/17. There were a few outstanding CB cooks that might give you some inspiration.

Jim

Jim I appreciate that but I was looking for recipes and how to's. The pictures did look good from the ones I saw.

I did a corned beef brisket today. I don't like meat that is too salty, so I soaked it for 4 hours last night, changing the water every hour. I left it in a pot of water over night, and the meat still was salty enough, although not overpowering with salt. Seasoned fairly heavily with pepper and garlic only. Smoked for about 2.5-3 hours 250-275 then foiled until it was fork tender.

Hmmm... I thought if you took a corned beef brisket, applied pepper, and smoked it you got Pastrami.
icon_wink.gif

Back