Cooking with fire, Part 3

This was a very satisfying & juicy bird. The best part about rotisserie chicken is that it is self-basted & the rotation keeps juices moving around the bird, holding the moisture in place. I used hickory splits that were not to thick. It created quite the aroma as the juices would drip on to the flaming wood, open fire chicken highly recommended!

Looks great, nice grill setup.....I was looking at that one before.....but I forget what brand it was.
American made and a tad more money if I remember right.....looks like a lot of fun....set up on a 22 inch?

How far up is the rotisserie? Is it adjustable height or would you have to drill new holes if you wanted it lower?

Looks great, nice grill setup.....I was looking at that one before.....but I forget what brand it was.
American made and a tad more money if I remember right.....looks like a lot of fun....set up on a 22 inch?
I bought this from Gabby's Grill, 22", probably +4 years ago before inflation. I just recently broke it out to start using it, to many projects going on. There are other options out there, but this version is built like a tank.

How far up is the rotisserie? Is it adjustable height or would you have to drill new holes if you wanted it lower?
I am not home to measure, It came with 3 adjustable settings, here is a link to a previous post to further illustrate the setting. If I were to lower it, I would have to drill an additional hole to accommodate my Weber motor bracket. Gabby Grill website offers a slightly different set-up. I only bought the spit rod bracket from him & he welded it on for me.

https://tvwbb.com/threads/playing-with-fire-again.95637/

This was a very satisfying & juicy bird. The best part about rotisserie chicken is that it is self-basted & the rotation keeps juices moving around the bird, holding the moisture in place. I used hickory splits that were not to thick. It created quite the aroma as the juices would drip on to the flaming wood, open fire chicken highly recommended!
Anything cooked over an open fire is amazing and spinning is a big plus.
Now that I've gotten used to how my pellet pooper acts with the new PID controller, time to start using the Santa Maria more before it gets stowed for the Winter.

Anything cooked over an open fire is amazing and spinning is a big plus.
Now that I've gotten used to how my pellet pooper acts with the new PID controller, time to start using the Santa Maria more before it gets stowed for the Winter.
Actually I plan on using this more in the fall, I will set it up right by the fire pit, so bring on the darkness & cool Autumn nights!

I bought this from Gabby's Grill, 22", probably +4 years ago before inflation. I just recently broke it out to start using it, to many projects going on. There are other options out there, but this version is built like a tank.

This is the one, thanks for the link........I wonder how effective it is over a smaller grill as I could use it on the 14, 18 or the 22.......
Anyone else have one? Even a smaller one than 22?

This is the one, thanks for the link........I wonder how effective it is over a smaller grill as I could use it on the 14, 18 or the 22.......
Anyone else have one? Even a smaller one than 22?
CaseT has an 18" & a 14", see links below:

Last edited:

Oh excellent, I must have missed that along the way....I will be sure to check these out here when I get a few minutes.

Actually I plan on using this more in the fall, I will set it up right by the fire pit, so bring on the darkness & cool Autumn nights!
Same here. Nice to be close to an open fire on cool Fall evenings. Only problem here is planning the cooks when wind isn't in the forecast. Not as much of a problem when using the rotisserie.

Had a commitment coming for one of these Gabby's......
Looked at some options.....moved one into the cart and was going to check on shipping........
Aaaaaand then that was it.....I am 2 hours from the border....but that isn't close enough I guess.

I suppose I could beg someone around here to have it shipped to their address and then ship it to me but that would be asking a lot and would be shipping cost X2 and I would have to offer a thank you gift aaaaaand I really haven't committed to it 100%.....aaaaaand I am sure I will get in trouble from the warden once it arrived at my house......rough estimates put it at about $470 after shipping and conversions.
Its getting a bit pricey to be honest.

Had a commitment coming for one of these Gabby's......
Looked at some options.....moved one into the cart and was going to check on shipping........
Aaaaaand then that was it.....I am 2 hours from the border....but that isn't close enough I guess.

I suppose I could beg someone around here to have it shipped to their address and then ship it to me but that would be asking a lot and would be shipping cost X2 and I would have to offer a thank you gift aaaaaand I really haven't committed to it 100%.....aaaaaand I am sure I will get in trouble from the warden once it arrived at my house......rough estimates put it at about $470 after shipping and conversions.
Its getting a bit pricey to be honest.
Correct me if I am wrong, didn't you pay an "arm & a Leg" for some Killa Grilla grates a few years ago?

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't you pay an "arm & a Leg" for some Killa Grilla grates a few years ago?
Yes and it was an ordeal getting it.
I had to find him on ETSY and the pricing and the shipping was insane, through conversation he agreed to send what I wanted all in one box and reduce shipping ect ect......I had to work to get it but it did come through, and yes it was my one arm and both legs from my oldest to get it here.

Back