Cook Time

Yeah I liked how (if you look closely) it is edge to edge mid rare with a nice crust. I am definitely gonna do one like this again.

Well as promised here are the results of yesterday's rib roast adventure. As described things went just a touch faster than I expected. I had put the meat on grill at 06:15 thinking I was looking at a solid hour per lb. So rather than trust "smoke" setting which can only run (depending on my "P" setting, from 160 avg to 190 avg temps (depending on P1, P2, or P3). So, I elected to run the temps up a little at about 730 or so. Running about 230F. Meanwhile my special shrooms were on the Genesis. I likely could have fit them on the pellet popper but I really did not want smoke on them as well as the meat. In any case the meat started to come up quicker than I expected so I ran it down to P3 (I don't understand the logic of P3 being cooler than P1 but I guess it's a Chinese thing). Temps still hit target of 130 avg a little quicker than I expected them to. So meat was pulled, wrapped in butcher wrap and 3 layers of foil. Then bubble wrap on top of that, towels and finally into my Omaha Steaks cooler (at least something from them was "good"). It sat in the cooler until about 230 maybe 3. Meanwhile I had fired up my dad's grill for indirect outer burners med and center off (here BTW is another reason the EW Genesis is better). The meat would not have fit on a NS Genesis or Spirit. Anyway I had the grill quite hot but indirect (hood thermo up about 400-450). Put the meat in the center for about 15 min with multiple "rotations" to get an overall crust. It was pulled and set on the cutting board for slicing. Well the knife literally fell though the meat. It was AMAZING to say the least. Honestly the best rib roast I have ever tasted let alone made. Bottom line IDK if it was the pellet grill, the technique, the "rest" it had or what. BTW while meat was pulled at 130 avg, I checked it just prior to putting it on the Genesis and it was still holding 125. My "swaddling" did it well :D And photos.

View attachment 68963View attachment 68964View attachment 68965View attachment 68966
Man was I confused.

This started as a brisket cook.

Then @Mark Silver said perfect.

Then edge to edge medium rare was mentioned and I was wondering who the heck roasts brisket to medium rare.

Anyway, it's all good now after going back and re reading the middle of the story

Back