COOK now at $2.98 a share, down from high of $32.59, a 92% drop

Probably not news to anyone here, but a confirmation of what’s been discussed- mainly about bicycles but mentions other goods like barbecue grills:

Shops Ordered Lots of Bikes in 2020. Peddling Them Is an Uphill Climb.

Many retailers that had too little to offer during the early stages of the pandemic now have too much of everything—from bikes and furniture to clothing and barbecue grills. They amassed the extra inventory because they expected sustained demand and supply-chain problems. What they didn’t expect is that customers would shift their spending to concerts, restaurants and travel, or that rising inflation would eat away at household budgets.

Shops Ordered Lots of Bikes in 2020. Peddling Them Is an Uphill Climb.
This cute headline made me smile.

I've got three kids constantly aging into bigger bikes, so I'm on the lookout for when all these pandemic bike buyers start trying to unload their bikes for cheap.

I guess that is further evidence that any new sales are getting pushed even further down the road.

I see pellets more as a fad. But I could easily be wrong.
I'll admit - I laughed the first time I saw a pellet machine. It takes something that has already been figured out and does it slightly better, but much more complicated and beholden to special supplies. It reminds me of a Soda Stream or a Keurig.

Of course, the Keurig machine is absolutely perfect for certain situations. Maybe the pellet machine is too.

Back