Cook Box Cast Aluminum?

I would think weber can get you a new Genesis Silver B box. If not, I see three options.
1. Use it as is
2. Find a donor grill with a good cook box
3. Buy a set of Honsgo grates. They are about 1/8 or a little more longer than standard grates.
4. Drill for and install a length of stainless steel all-thread and pull the sides in as in [THIS THREAD]

1599935499908.png

That is a good way to salvage it. Because the pressure is steady and if you use some large fender washers to spread the load. The firebox will not crack. Heck after enough heat/cool cycles it may end up in correct dimensions as well

Yep, that should work, but then you have that rod permanently across the fire box which makes dealing with the flavorizer bars a pain. I would do that but continue to look for a donor grill to replace it. Eventually you will find a curb alert freebie.

Update...

I spoke to another Weber rep today. He said the cook box for my grill is no longer in stock. To my complete and utter amazement, he said they stand behind their products and offered to reimburse me for a brand new Spirit SP-335. I was speechless. Now I did have to speak to two other reps to get a hold of this guy who called me from an Illinois area code. I’m assuming he was from their corporate office. But how awesome is that!?! I am shocked and very grateful! Great job by Weber standing behind their products!

Pretty amazing.

Wonder which is a bigger loss. Giving you a brand new grill for free? Or sending me a brand new cook box for a grill I bought 20 years ago?

Pretty amazing.

Wonder which is a bigger loss. Giving you a brand new grill for free? Or sending me a brand new cook box for a grill I bought 20 years ago?
Honestly, all I needed/wanted was a cook box. I was sure he was going to tell me I’m out of luck. I wasn’t prepared for a gift from the grill gods.

Yeah you need to go to confession for that one. When the issue came up on my Summit, all they offered me was a "coupon" for a so called "discount" on a new Genesis II (insert model number). When I went to try and actually USE the coupon the cost was more than if I just went to say Home Depot and bought one. All this on a VERY expensive Summit! So basically they screwed me and didn't even take me out to dinner first. Which is why I will never again purchase a new Weber anything.

Update...

I spoke to another Weber rep today. He said the cook box for my grill is no longer in stock. To my complete and utter amazement, he said they stand behind their products and offered to reimburse me for a brand new Spirit SP-335. I was speechless. Now I did have to speak to two other reps to get a hold of this guy who called me from an Illinois area code. I’m assuming he was from their corporate office. But how awesome is that!?! I am shocked and very grateful! Great job by Weber standing behind their products!
That is not a bad deal. Congratulations. I did not get a new grill when I got a new cook box about a year ago. :LOL:
However it looks like Weber is now phasing out more and more parts for these old grills. I wonder what other parts they might be phasing out.

Back