Convert Q Series from NG to Propane

I am in agreement with Bruce and Larry. I have all three Q grill sizes and two Genesis and they all have their uses. The smaller Q’s for camping or the beach or for a side of veggies. The Genesis and Q3200 for large groups. The Silver C for rotisserie. During the winter the Q3200 is the only one on the deck through the snow/freezing rain/rain as there is nothing to rust and it is a Great versatile all around grill. The Q grills are much easier on fuel as well if you do not need the space of the Genesis. Especially the 1XX and 2XX models, they just sip fuel if all you cook is a couple of burgers or a few stalks of asparagus.

The thing that the average person doesn't know about the Q grills is that the firebox and the lid are made of cast aluminum. So, they hold heat very well and like Rich mentioned they don't rust. They are little tanks.
The cast iron grates do need to be kept oiled or they will rust eventually. The grid on the grates is very tight so you can throw small veggies right on the grate and not have to worry about them falling through.
If I had a full-size Genesis I'd probably just get a Q1000 series, but I got rid of all my gas grills and just have my Q320. It's the only version with 2 burners, 1 in the middle from left to right and the other that goes around like the 100 and 200 series. I have a couple Go Anywhere grills in case I ever want to take one to a tailgate or picnic.

Well, I guess I'll have to keep on the lookout for a cheap Q pickup. The 3xxx has NG option. Is it available for the other two or are they LP only?
I could see myself getting an LP model just for my in-laws to use at the Hyannis condo since charcoal is not allowed.

The two smaller ones are designed to run on the one lb LP canisters but you can buy a hose to use them on the twenty lb tank.

Well, I guess I'll have to keep on the lookout for a cheap Q pickup. The 3xxx has NG option. Is it available for the other two or are they LP only?
I could see myself getting an LP model just for my in-laws to use at the Hyannis condo since charcoal is not allowed.

Back