Conversion of S-320 from NG to LP

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
Read some threads and wanted to confirm. Conversion from NG to LP is doable as a plug and play swap of manifold? If so, how does that affect the side burner.

I prefer not to go down the route of drilling. Someone is getting rid on an unused 320 that has been in storage since 2009. Unit is brand new.

You can NG to LP ONLY with a full manifold swap. There would be nothing to drill since NG orifices are already nearly twice the size of LP ones. As for the side burner you would need an LP orifice for it. I am not sure how the side burner is "fed" on those grills so I really cannot speak accurately into that

This is out of my realm but I would imagine swapping the manifold would do the trick and as far as the side Burner you would need a new orifice.

Never used a side burner. Likely never will. Not my style of grilling.
in running the part number for the manifold, it seems that it’s specific to the s-320. Is this correct?

Side burner is VERY handy. When I have one I use it all the time especially in hot summer when I don't want to be over a stove or cooking something that might splatter since my stove is such a PIA to clean

I believe that the side burner is piped straight off the manifold and only flow control is though the side burner valve. So, I would concur that only an orifice swap is necessary for the side burner.
I have had the "want" for a side burner several times when using my Genesis 1000. If I ever get around to doing up my Platinum C, I will be very happy to have it.

It's a great thing to have in the event of a power failure, such as a hurricane - or I guess I have to relearn now - a blizzard:oops:!

I have done the conversion on a s330, previous owner had purchased the full orifice kit, while I had to the replace the full manifold for an lp One for the main burners the side burner orifice worked and made it worked properly.

I believe that the side burner is piped straight off the manifold and only flow control is though the side burner valve. So, I would concur that only an orifice swap is necessary for the side burner.
I have had the "want" for a side burner several times when using my Genesis 1000. If I ever get around to doing up my Platinum C, I will be very happy to have it.
Bruce I added a side burner with this big fitting to distribute gas to 2 devices. The brass and supply lines came off newer Weber cabinet grills that were not worth fixing. It also gives you some flexibility if you need to change manifolds.
It's a hack for a grill I use. Everything works OK so far

IMG_0282.JPG

Back