Considering a 2nd WSM even though I JUST picked up a used 22.5" model yesterday.

I suspected that I’d get the responses posted here. I have to admit we’re not huge meat eaters and in fact are paring back on how much meat we’re eating. That isn’t to say I wouldn’t smoke a bunch of it to freeze and eat later. I am going to look at the 18.5 model soon and may end up bringing it home. Winter is approaching and I doubt smokers will be in high demand. The owner refuses to budge on his price as I feel that $250 is more palatable for me to justify another cooker when I haven’t even used the one I just bought yet. I love Weber grills. I have so many different models of gas coolers and kettle grills but never owned a WSM until now. I even though if skipping the 18.5 and going with the tiny 14.5 when I only need to cook for our family of four. Given the level of effort needed to setup and smoke for as log as I’d have to that I figured go big or go home hence the 22.5”. It’s tough to say. It having really smoked huge pieces of meat before that I honestly don’t even know what my capabilities or needs really are.
My wife is on a limited fat and dairy diet. We cook a lot of veggies. I do not do as much smoking as I used to.
That’s why we have the E6. Grilling veggies on it has opened up a whole new world to us. Today I am smoking baby backs. Tomorrow, we are grilling fish tacos.

My point is not run out and get an E6 ($1k) but consider using your kettle more often as a grill.

Back