Consensus on using genuine Weber parts vs aftermarket for rehabbing Genesis

Rick Houston

TVWBB Member
I'm going to rehab my 2008 Genesis EP-320 and was wondering what the consensus is on using genuine Weber parts. I need to order a new burner assembly, thermometer, and hose regulator.

Do you recommend I use Weber parts or do known aftermarket parts work well?

Thanks,

Rick

Weber if you can get them cheaper than aftermarket.....But that is not going to happen.
Aftermarket is your best bet IMO. Amazon has several offerings for what you need for reasonable prices.

Thanks for the reply. Do the aftermarket parts generally work ok? Since this is my personal grill, I don't mind paying for Weber parts if that is the best path.

I don't have any genuine weber parts on my personal grill. I have aftermarket burners that cost $13. But, I have RCPlanebuyer grates and flavorizer bars which are actually superior to Genuine Weber parts. But, for most people after market is plenty good. I only use aftermarket parts on my rehabs. The price difference is pretty big.

Great, thanks for the feedback. Good to know. I have RC Planer flavorizer bars and will add his grates when my ss grates wear out.

One question, any idea how many cans of spray paint are needed to repaint a 3XX frame?

If you have solid rod ss grates, it will be a long time before they wear out. If you have the stamped steel ones, I would just replace them now. They make good backups but you will wish you had done it sooner once you replace them with RCP grates.

I have solid rod SS ones and they are still holding up.

Have you restored any 300 series grills? If so, any guess on how many can of paint it would take to repaint the frame?

I did a few of them a couple years ago. It depends on how much you want to repaint on the grill and what you want to repaint.

Well, I would figure three cans for the bottom and side panels and frame. If there is any rust, you might want to pick up a can of rust converter. A can plus for the cook box and a can for the end caps if you choose to redo them.

Thanks, I'm going to paint the frame using the Rustoleum Massey Ferguson gray and the fire box and ends with VHT cast iron gray.

Back