Commercial BBQ Suaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett Rowe

TVWBB Member
Just wanted to hear what you guys use thought about the "supermarket" sauces. I usually too lazy to make my own so I usually modify a supermarket sauce to fit my tastes. To date my favorites are:

1. Bulleye original thinned with apple cider vinegar(about 5:1) and adjusted for heat and sweetness with honey or turbinado and cayenne.

2. Stubb's original with a little turbinado for sweetmess

3. Sticky Fingerz South Carolina Gold (no modificaton.

I really don't care for the KC Masterpiece w/ honey called for in the BRITU recipe too much. I'm just throwing this out there to see what others are doing

For catering gigs, I use Sweet Baby Ray's cut with some pineapple juice. I use this on chicken. For my ribs...either Ray's cut with apple juice OR Open Pit cut with apple juice.

I can get both of these sauces for under $9 a gallon at Gordon's Food Service

Bone Suckin' Sauce is a very nice Carolina style sauce. It's my favorite when I'm too lazy to make some (which isn't too often since it only takes 25 mins.)

HTH,
Rich G.

Glazed some spares this weekend in a 3-4:1 mix of Sweet Baby Ray's and spicy brown mustard. Rubs had got a sprinkle of cayenne, garlic and cinnamon (very sparse), before going on the rack.

They were well received /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I got a bottle of Jim Beam bbq sauce as a bonus/promotion when I purchased a bottle of its namesake. That stuff was damn good! Liked it better than Jack Daniels' sauce, which is also pretty good.

I had read a suggestion on here to try Sweet Baby Ray's & Hot Bone Suckin' Sauce mixed 50/50.
Wow, that's some good stuff!

Stubbs Spicy BBQ sauce with some everlovin honey from a bee farm down the road! Just love that comb.

Montgomery Inn mainlined. Read the label ingredients list sometime. Not clever enough to improve upon it, and, as Clint said, a man has to know his limitations.

Anyone heard of and/or tried Dinasaur Sauce from they Syracuse NY area? I was there last week and picked up a bottle. Haven't tried it yet, but will tonight on some left over pulled pork. Looks a lot like Stubbs orginal, but the ingredients list is quite different.

I also like the ideas of cutting some of the sweeter sauces w/ vinegar, pineapple or apple juice. I'll have to try that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe McManus:
Anyone heard of and/or tried Dinasaur Sauce from they Syracuse NY area? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also have a "Roasted Garlic & Honey" that I think is awsome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Edvik:
I had read a suggestion on here to try Sweet Baby Ray's & Hot Bone Suckin' Sauce mixed 50/50.
Wow, that's some good stuff! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recommended that a while back. Glad you liked it!

Stubbs would be my choice.
And theres nothing like the stubbs Bar BQ moppin sauce for some brisket smoked over mesquite /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Now thats some good eats!

Dean,
I do no my limitations but I think my geography works against me. Montgomery inn is really good sauce I just find it on the sweet side.I feel the same way about most any sauces.
I must be a western Tn thang. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back