Coincidence?

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The other day, I came across several old books in my bedroom. I put 2 of them in my nightstand for reading again soon. One of them was "Reader's Digest Best Loved Books for Young Readers". The first story in the book is "Captain Horatio Hornblower". This morning I brought the book out to my office for me to start reading today.

After checking this site first, (of course) I checked my e-mails. There is this months newsletter from orderofbooks.com. I start reading it and come to the section where he recommends books to read. I quoted the third book he recommended below.
Coincidence? or what? Have any "coincidences" you would like to share?

Horatio Hornblower series by C.S. Forester
)

I thought I would look to recommend a few of the omissions in future newsletters. We'll start with the Horatio Hornblower series by C.S. Forester which John suggested. This is a historical fiction series which is timeless.

The series began in 1937 and ran until 1967 with 11 books and various short stories. Great series. If you are a fan of historical fiction, check it out.

Thanks!!

I was hoping someone would have a good coincidence to share.

Many years ago I started to keep a list of them. Then for some reason I stopped. Lot of them were simple things like I would be writing a word and someone on TV would say it at the same time. Lot of stuff like that.

The other day I was looking at an old Johnny Carson show on youtube with Carol Burnett talking about her new summer show. Later in the day, checked tv guide on my computer and there was an old rerun of the show she was talking about.

So, this kind of stuff does not happen to anyone else? lol

I was gathering supplies to change the oil in my truck. Wally World only had 5 of the 6 quarts of oil I needed. Stopped in at Advance to buy the remaining quart. Didn't use any rewards but only used my CC. Get back to the house and I have an email from Advance regarding a special on oil and filters. Back at work on Monday had the same email.

This should also go on the Morning Breakfast thread. lol

Had just finished a cinnamon roll this morning while watching NCIS reruns on Netflix. Someone goes to a vending machine and Gibbs says "the cinnamon rolls look like they have been in the machine since the beginning."o_O

This morning, DH and I were watching reruns of NCIS on Netflix, season 9. Lily Tomlin was playing McGee's grandmother. Later today, I was watching The Ellen DeGeneres show. Yep, Lily Tomlin was on.

My better half keeps noticing the number 11. We'll be busy doing something & suddenly she'll say, "it's 2:11". Or she'll ask Alexa how many minutes are left on the timer - "You have 11 minutes left on your 24 minute timer".

Oh I forgot all about this thread. I have had sooo many coincidences happen since last I posted, and now I have forgotten them. lol

How about you all? Have any coincidences happen lately?

This just happened a few minutes ago.

I read this on another thread while DH is out in the kitchen fixing this for breakfast.

1649257033692.png

I swear this is the truth. While eating breakfast and watching re-runs of NCIS, McGee held up a book that he said he read when he was younger. On the back of the book was a drawing of a carrot and a turnip. What I posted below is from the same forum and just a few posts before the one I posted above.

1649260100240.png

My daughter just called me. We were discussing dinner. She is fixing broccoli. Earlier I started working on one of my vegetable recipe binders. Yep, you guessed it, I was working on BROCCOLI recipes.

This just happened a few minutes ago.

I read this on another thread while DH is out in the kitchen fixing this for breakfast.

View attachment 48525

THEY can monitor everything through our cell phones. Conversations, GPS location, they even know when I eat a doughnut. Those coincidences are due to cell phone mind control. Laugh if you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;)

I do not remember the product, but one day my wife and I were talking about it. I turned on my laptop, and the first thing that showed up was an ad for the product. Spooky... Alexa-stop that.

THEY can monitor everything through our cell phones. Conversations, GPS location, they even know when I eat a doughnut. Those coincidences are due to cell phone mind control. Laugh if you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;)
Jason, I have seen evidence of that, but the last 3 of my posts, I don't see how that could be. And I don't have a cell phone.

My better half keeps noticing the number 11. We'll be busy doing something & suddenly she'll say, "it's 2:11". Or she'll ask Alexa how many minutes are left on the timer - "You have 11 minutes left on your 24 minute timer".
They just made a commercial of that. It is some college offering a masters for $11K. Did you do that?

They just made a commercial of that. It is some college offering a masters for $11K. Did you do that?
See, ‘They’…….it‘s them, I just know it. And they are all about the 11’s.
(Cell phone in the background: Bwahahahahaha)

Just a little while ago, Tony posted here what he is making today.

"Sides will be Colcannon mashed spuds, corn-en-le-cob, onion gravy..............and Yorkshire Puds for the win."

DH has a recipe sitting on the kitchen counter to make with tonight's dinner. Yep, Yorkshire Pudding!!!!

Back