Coffee Beans what's in your grinder ???

Well I can order it, with 2 day delivery from Costco online at $13.69 for the coffee and $3 delivery. I am getting close to needing another bag of "something" so IYO is it worth the $6 over the green and white House Blend? I am torn about ordering this as a trial or just going back and getting the $10.99 bag of House Blend or hitting Sam's and getting the 3# bag of their Columbian Supremo at about $15 IIRC. Which is also quite nice.
One thing I like about Sam's. If you're a Premium Member they wave shipping fees. Costco offers no such benefit to me as an Executive Member. Which yet another of my disappointments with Costco

Just noticed this thread.
I drink too much coffee to play around with that exotic stuff. A nice basic Folgers or Maxwell house is my choice. I do like a cup of Kwik Trip House Blend when I am out and about too.
Grinders?? Yah, I get that for the fresh taste and all, but like I said, I drink too much to deal with it and I am lazy by nature.

Just noticed this thread.
I drink too much coffee to play around with that exotic stuff. A nice basic Folgers or Maxwell house is my choice. I do like a cup of Kwik Trip House Blend when I am out and about too.
Grinders?? Yah, I get that for the fresh taste and all, but like I said, I drink too much to deal with it and I am lazy by nature.
I was in that camp. Now in retirement, I find I'd rather have less that is REALLY good. Than more that is ehh, just a cup of coffee. Besides I am kind of having fun with all of it. Lovin' my espresso machines (both of them but for slightly different reasons), but both make some REALLY good brew, love my Breville Smart Brew (or whatever it's called) and even my OXO Brew 9 cup (except it's harder to clean and use than the Breville) so it's basically not used much if at all. Also it's not as "flexible" re temps, brew times, capacity and such. But it does make one helluva a great cup

Basic 12 cup Quisinart coffee maker for me. Actually even that is pretty fancy for me. It is a hand me down from my parents. LOL

But, while I like coffee, I don't have a refined pallet. In fact, this morning as I usually do, my first cup of coffee is simply microwaved up Maxwell House coffee from the day before. Lovin' every minute of it

Oh, my splurge is adding a couple raw cinnamon sticks to the brew basket.

Just ordered the Costco House Blend Espresso mentioned earlier. I just realized how low on coffee I am though. They say 2 days to get it. I sure hope they're right and that my coffee holds out that long. :D I REALLY don't want to buy a bag just to "tide me over"

Well I can order it, with 2 day delivery from Costco online at $13.69 for the coffee and $3 delivery. I am getting close to needing another bag of "something" so IYO is it worth the $6 over the green and white House Blend? I am torn about ordering this as a trial or just going back and getting the $10.99 bag of House Blend or hitting Sam's and getting the 3# bag of their Columbian Supremo at about $15 IIRC. Which is also quite nice.
One thing I like about Sam's. If you're a Premium Member they wave shipping fees. Costco offers no such benefit to me as an Executive Member. Which yet another of my disappointments with Costco
Sorry we were away for a couple of days. Stayed with some friends and went to a flower festival. I can't say if it would be worth the $6 or not as coffee really is a very personal preference kind of thing. You will have to tell us if it was worth it after you have tried it;-)

Sorry we were away for a couple of days. Stayed with some friends and went to a flower festival. I can't say if it would be worth the $6 or not as coffee really is a very personal preference kind of thing. You will have to tell us if it was worth it after you have tried it;-)
Well, I just got email from Costco that it shipped already. So once I open the bag I will report back here

Just got text from FedEx, package due here tomorrow. So I can report back on this as a back to back with the regular House Blend. Which quite honestly is so good this stuff will need to be like brown gold for me to order again and pay $6 more per bag

We used to have one but did not use it often as we got too many grounds in the coffee for my wife's taste. We did use it for tea.

Yeah, the grounds are annoying. I have a gold mesh basket filter that fits a funnel and pour from the french press into a cup or a carafe.

I use the french press when camping or when the power is out since I have a gas stove. I also take it to family gatherings for good after dinner coffee.

Well the new bag from Costco came today. I don't have enough of the regular House Blend to make my pot tomorrow Am so it will need to be mixed. But, Wed AM will be 100% the new product. Looking forward to giving it a go. Sure smelled awfully good when I opened the box. Tomorrow's brew will end up being about 25% the House Blend and 75% the new stuff. Unless I make a smaller pot and then make my later in the AM cup some Espresso with the new beans. Maybe I will do that. See how my time goes tomorrow AM

For a long time, we went with whole bean from Costco. Honduran, Peruvian, Colombian, whatever b3cause it was cheap and easy…we recently tried a local roaster here in STL, Kaldi. Definitely a better coffee and worth the effort. I still want to try some others.

I love the beans from the local roaster here (Fire Dept Coffee), but so bleeping costly. Just cannot justify it. Yeah they're good, but not 3X or 4X more good than I buy right at Costco or Sam's. And my Sam's sells a really nice roast from a local roaster right here in south central WI. Really good stuff but sadly it does not sell fast enough at Sam's and so it's hard to get it as fresh as most of the more "commercial" ones from either store.
In any case I am really looking forward to giving these Espresso roast beans a go.

Well, I opened the bag today. I still had some House Blend as well. Side by side looks and sniffs and very difficult if not impossible to tell them apart. I brewed some coffee with the 50/50 mix of the 2. Very good but could not tell much if any difference. Later today I will give a go at pulling a double shot from one of my espresso machines and seeing how it is. Espresso has a way of really pulling out any nuance differences. So if time permitting I'll pull a shot and report back

Well, I opened the bag today. I still had some House Blend as well. Side by side looks and sniffs and very difficult if not impossible to tell them apart. I brewed some coffee with the 50/50 mix of the 2. Very good but could not tell much if any difference. Later today I will give a go at pulling a double shot from one of my espresso machines and seeing how it is. Espresso has a way of really pulling out any nuance differences. So if time permitting I'll pull a shot and report back
Are the beans oily?

Are the beans oily?
Yes very much so. Just like their House Blend counterparts. Very glossy and fragrant. But, so far (though I will report more later on this), I don't see them being worth $6 more a bag. Sadly if I could find them in Costco here, they'd only be $3 more. And so far I think I'd pay that. But again too soon for me to judge it fully.
This is not a reflection of them being poor or inferior quality BTW, only that the House Blend beans are THAT good.

Back