Cleaning the Kettle after a Smoke or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noe

TVWBB Wizard
I use my kettle a lot to smoke but hate the clean up afterwards, would like idea's on how weber nation cooks clean there kettle after a smoke?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
What's to clean 'cept the ashes and the cook grate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> My thought exactly. I store my "Add ons" inside so there's that. Wipe it down (outside) and put the cover on. BTW Noe, The 18.5/22.5 mod. sounds like a real cool fix to the capacity issue. I would love to see some pics of it.

Clean out the ashes after they cool,then while the grill is heating up the next time,scrub the grate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Perrin:
Clean out the ashes after they cool,then while the grill is heating up the next time,scrub the grate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have lately begun using a wet rag and bbq gloves to wipe down the outside of the lid and then use the steam to clean off the side table of my performer and/or my work table. Every blue moon, I'll clean out the inside if it get really gunky (I do all my slow and slow in my kettle so that happens sometimes) but that's typically just scrubbing it into the ash catcher with a grill brush. I do that maybe twice a year.

Clean? Well the grates a quick brush almost everytime. A few sweepes with the bottom vents.(platinum)

Empty the ash catsher once every 1-3 weeks.

Wipe it off on the outside/table if i wanna include it in a pic post here
icon_wink.gif

Other then that,no cleaning. Maby im just lazy
icon_smile.gif

Like Justin, I'll scrape out the bottom of any gunk (I use an old 5 in 1 tool). Then I like to do a burn-out with a full chimney of lit just to get any leftover grease spots. (I hate grease fires)
About 3-4 times a yr seems to work for me.

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
What's to clean 'cept the ashes and the cook grate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I second that!

Barret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back