Cleaning question

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just finished cooking with the WSm and again it performed flawlessly. Now After cleaning it up I was wondering if you should store it with the vents open or closed.
My second question is regarding the grates. Can you toss the two food grates in to the oven on high heat to help burn off some of the gunk or is that pointless?
Thanks,
Scot

Here is an easy one for the grates, lay them in the lawn over night. I have heard why it work but don't remember. You will find that they clean easly the next day.
Jim

I did that once with the one from my Kinsford grill and the nex morning I found that it was licked clean /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif by our now deceased Beagle, I'm sure that if I do that to the ones from my WSM our Jack Russell Terrier won't mind either.LOL

I find that I can use either of 2 methods to clean a grill grate:

1) SOS pad or Brillo pad
2) Crumpled up piece of aluminum foil (this works surpsigly good!) and follow up with some sudsy paper towels.

The only problem I ever had with dogs was my neighbors great dane 'Brutus' chewed through his leash and attacked my smoker the first time I ever used it and took off with my boston butt after knocking it over. I heard a racket and went ouside to find him running down the street with my boston butt. My neighbor apologized and bought me a cold one and paid for a whole mess of meat. Brutus was happy nonetheless.

Take care!
PrestonD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back