Cleaning my Performer table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_H

TVWBB Member
I'm sorry if this question has been posted before. I searched but couldn't find anything. Can anyone help me with some tips on how to keep my Performer table clean? It hasn't looked very clean since the first few times I've used it. I've spilled my share of food and charcoal on it but I wouldn't think it should stain so easily. I've tried several products and good old elbow grease with no luck. I wish I had an older one with a stainless steel table.

I spill crap on mine everytime I use it. A few sprays of 409 and a paper towel have always wiped up the mess. Im not sure what you spilled on it to stain it?

I wipe mine down when Im done cooking, and the performer is always under my covered patio.

As Jay B said, 409 or equivalent. I spray, then let soak for 15 minutes or so. Then it cleans up easily. Without letting it soak, those stains can be stubborn.

Chuck,
I know what you mean about the stains.
I think mine are mostly from grease. I'll try the 409 as suggested.

I found a 15" x 20" poly cutting board for $9.97 at Walmart that I keep on my Performer's table. It's handy, and helps protect the surface.
Plus it was made in the USA!

Bar Keepers Friend has oxalic acid, which is an excellent stainless cleaner. (opps I see you don't have the stainless performer, never mind).

I think your table is made of the same material as the ones on Webers gas grills. For them, I found the "Simple Green Heavy Duty BBQ & Grill Cleaner" works great. I found it at Ace Hardware.

I have had the same problem and posted about it several months ago. I have tried the Bar Keepers Friend and it worked okay but not great. I have since discovered that Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach worked good for me.

Have mine just over two years now and don't have a staining problem. I use dawn power dissolver and a non abrasive pad. Never had anything permeate to the point that I couldn't get it clean.

I believe Weber would have been better off keeping the performer table stainless steel. The poly material that they use is an eye sore. It would be nice if a company came out with stainless steel table replacement for the newer performers.

...but regardless, i think the performer is one of the best charcoal grills ever.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Mark Lund:
I believe Weber would have been better off keeping the performer table stainless steel. The poly material that they use is an eye sore. It would be nice if a company came out with stainless steel table replacement for the newer performers.

I am all for a Stainless Steel replacement.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll definitely try some of the products listed and let you know how it goes. I think soaking it for awhile will help a great deal. It's just discolored from grease and charcoal. The end of a bag got dumped over it once so it has been covered in charcoal dust. My wife only keeps the "safe" cleaners in the house because of the kids and dog so I'll get some of the more heavy duty cleaners recommened above and keep it in the shed. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Steve Whiting:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Lund:

I am all for a Stainless Steel replacement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. Grill=metal. Period. Plastic should be reserved for the wheels. I don't even like it on the handle. Would prefer a wooden handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back