Cleaning Day

RichPB (richlife)

TVWBB Wizard
Where to put this -- so many possible forums. But the 14.5 was the biggest pain so here goes.

We moved in Jan. Only 8 miles but from our home of 30 years. I cleaned the Genesis just before moving, but the WSM was OK. Note the "was". With all the move effort , the Gennie didn't get used much-- the smoker not at all. After a couple of months I found the 14.5 was growing a disgusting culture. Dried it out and hoped for the best.

Well. I did use the Gennie some and after we got a door installed from our kitchen-- been using it a lot. So both needed cleaning, but one thing after another got priority until today. Finally!

Today i washed the dogs (not easy), cleaned the WSM and cleaned the grill (inside).

The 14.5 was -- well, disgusting. After a good pressure washing followed by scrubbing with a copper pad and dish detergent, I took the bottom, the top and the pan in for a hot water scrubbing with Ajax and the copper pad. The Ajax did the trick. Recommended. Then a couple of treatments with Goof Off to get the tape adhesive the lid and time to quit!

But no, the Genesis still needs cleaning. Ok get the steel putty knife out and start scraping. The important inside is done now and the 409 is waiting for the outside, but tomorrow. I can grill me a strip safely tonight. Meanwhile sit here on the patio with a beer and a fan and be happy.

While proofreading this the deer came by. The dogs went berserk. And life goes on.

Something that needs to be done periodically Rich. I'll be doing a deep clean on my Traeger this week. Upgrading the controller and replacing parts that normally fail with age. Figure to give all the parts a clean start. Of course, us old retired guys have nothing better to do :):):)

Back