Cleaned out the Smokefire today

Darian Hofer

TVWBB Pro
Sorry, no pics today.
The flavor bars were super cruddy and the ash was piled on both sides of the fire bowl about 4-5 inches. I did not disassemble the slide and pull the bowl assembly but cleaned everything else pretty well.
Put it all back together and fired it up to burn off the residue in prep for tomorrows turkeys.
I heard a binding squeaking noise so assumed the auger was getting jammed with pellet dust.
I shut it down and dumped the pellets and pulled the auger out. The back section of the auger was definitely jammed tight with pellet dust. I also removed the 2 screws holding the make shift slide updated hopper slide Weber installed. The angle on the lower piece was sloppy and it was causing the slide angle to be crooked and not lay flat at the bottom. I adjusted the bend till it fit tight.
All of this was pretty easy and it’s only 2 screws for each task plus the 4 on the back cover plate.
All set for tomorrow.
Picked up an extra turkey since 2, even fairly large birds, will fit in the 36. Will drop the second at a local fire station tomorrow along with a dish of porcini, truffle scallop potatoes. Very little extra work for the people who are working so hard this time of year putting out space heater fires and responding to many car accident.
Food photos tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

My Son and Daughter-in-law live within walking distance of us, so you'd think that inviting them for dinner and planning for it wouldn't be difficult. But they both are volunteers at our small-town fire station, so my plan is to plan for a disruption.

My own Son needed medical attention two weeks ago from this crash where he was the driver; fortunately, he has no serious injury.

20221107_104005 (1).jpg

@Darian Hofer I have firsthand knowledge that those folks are immensely grateful for your thoughtfulness!

My Son and Daughter-in-law live within walking distance of us, so you'd think that inviting them for dinner and planning for it wouldn't be difficult. But they both are volunteers at our small-town fire station, so my plan is to plan for a disruption.

My own Son needed medical attention two weeks ago from this crash where he was the driver; fortunately, he has no serious injury.

View attachment 63169

@Darian Hofer I have firsthand knowledge that those folks are immensely grateful for your thoughtfulness!
So happy your Son was not hurt!

So happy your Son was not hurt!
I'll say! Funny back when I was still working pt at the rental agency, we had a guy show up with a brand new Altima sliced open nearly that badly. Every air bag blown, the whole side of the car gone front to back. Won't believe what caused it.......................................A deer collision near Byron IL. Customer explained a deer charged the car at the left front. Head down antlers at the ready and literally ran headlong into the car. When sheriff showed up he said the deer was still alive! And had to be put down by the officer. Anyway, again glad your son was OK after that.

I'll say! Funny back when I was still working pt at the rental agency, we had a guy show up with a brand new Altima sliced open nearly that badly. Every air bag blown, the whole side of the car gone front to back. Won't believe what caused it.......................................A deer collision near Byron IL. Customer explained a deer charged the car at the left front. Head down antlers at the ready and literally ran headlong into the car. When sheriff showed up he said the deer was still alive! And had to be put down by the officer. Anyway, again glad your son was OK after that.
Wow!
Family and friends that live in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Their auto insurance is killer high because of deer hits in their area.

Here as well. Had a motorcyclist killed just last fall only 1/4 mile from my house by a deer.

Back