Clean up driving me nuts!!

Originally posted by Dave Russell:
brussels sprouts and bbq....my, my...

Healthy food with BBQ? That's sacrilege!
icon_redface.gif

Originally posted by Mel:
Like I said before, my romantic interest uses a gas grill, but I don't even know how to turn it on and refuse to learn, LOL!

You could always use thier gasser to burn the crud off your WSM grates. Thats the only good use I can think of for a gas grill. LOL!!!

For the sake of the wsm and anyone that might ever get one, I must emphatically make a point since this thread keeps on coming up.

No matter if you foil or not foil, use water or clay or sand or concrete, or pour bbq sauce all over it 'cause you've had six too many.....

Just as it's one of the easiest smokers to use, The Weber Smokey Mt. cooker is one of the easiest smokers there is to clean and maintain. Period.

Originally posted by Dave Russell:

Just as it's one of the easiest smokers to use, The Weber Smokey Mt. cooker is one of the easiest smokers there is to clean and maintain. Period.

Some of you guys go all out with this cleaning hang up......lol.
we070607e.jpg

I put foil over empty water pan and about half the time a "leak" develops in the foil and I end up with oil in the pan. this time I put a cheap foil pan in the water pan. Then I foiled the top of the water pan with a depresion in the middle, poked a small hole and all the grease ran into the foil pan under the foil.

I don't use water.

Yes, Dave and Bill, BRUSSELS SPROUTS with BBQ.
icon_biggrin.gif
Actually, I always used to hate the little buggers myself until I came across this recipe in "Champion BBQ Secrets for Real Smoked Foods" by Putman. Trim the ugly little things and then gently toss in 3 Tbs melted butter mixed with 3 Tbs maple syrup and 1 Tbs lime juice. Put in a foil pan (don't poke holes) and smoke for four hours. (The recipe only says an hour or two, but I've never had much luck with that.) If the hideous things are good-sized, I cut them in half first.

I swear they are delicious and the ONLY way I will eat them!

Back