CL Find, Red Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd H.

TVWBB Super Fan
I picked up this Red head off Craigslist from a very nice older man. He told me him and his wife bought the grill new in April 1973 as a weeding gift, He told me he used it for a few years and didn't like messing with charcoal. He bought a new house in 1979 and its been in the basement ever since the move.

Judging by the panted pending on the vent I would say its a 1969 or 1970. The grill is in awesome shape, virtually no chips or rust. I definitely didn't need another Weber Kettle but I couldn't refuse
icon_biggrin.gif

I wiped it down and put in new charcoal and cooking grates. Here are a few picks.

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

Thanks for looking.

i saw that on craigslist and really wanted to pick it up, but the 2 hour drive and the 3 grills in my garage changed my mind.

that kettle is in fantastic shape, and i'm regretting it now.

congrats though!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks everybody.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
how much? looks amazingly clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
$35.00

better than "SWEET!!"
Todd, you scored the TOUCHDOWN of your LIFE!
HoleyBalls! Christmas was LATE butt WHO CARES!!!!!

Looks like it came right off the showroom floor of a 1973 Hardware store and just used that first night. Sweet find! I hope to someday own a early 70s era Red 22.5. (Wife will probably make me give up one of my others im sure) oh well. A man can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back