Chuckie & Bacon wrapped chicken thighs - w/pics

Jim Quinn

TVWBB Fan
smoked the 3# chuck roast for about 6.5 hours then wrapped in foil, and tossed it in a cooler for 1.5 hours. Pulled really nice, lovin the color from the smoke as well. Also did some chicken thighs wrapped in bacon. Also turned out good, glazed them at the end with bbq sauce, soy sauce, lea an perrins, and thai sweet chili sauce.

chuckie:

chuck034.jpg

chuck038.jpg

chicken thight:

chuck023.jpg

good weekend, meatballs, bb's, ABTs chuckie, chicken thighs, WSM worked as it should

thanks for looking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Quinn:
good weekend, meatballs, bb's, ABTs chuckie, chicken thighs, WSM worked as it should
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice weekend. And good looking meal. The WSM always seems to turn out great stuff.

thanks,

I agree the WSm takes alot of the temp guesswork out of it. Get your rub straight, and practice and you are pretty much good to go.

Great work for Illinois in the winter!!! The beef and chicken look great!! My corporate headquarters are in Schaumburg and I don't like visiting during the winter.

Wow Jim. That's some great looking grub! Share some details on that beef when you get a chance.

thanks guys.

pretty basic chuckie angus, boneless a little over 3#. I rubbed it with a quick rub I threw together(kosher salt, thyme, ground rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, paprika.

Took it to 195 on the smoker then doube wrapped in foil, and tossed it in a cooler for 1.5 hours, and shredded. Made some real nice tacos.

thanks.

I like chuckie tacos, enchiladas, and nachos as well..
icon_smile.gif

and maybe for some breakfast hash with some potatoes & onions later this week.

Chuck tacos are food from the gods! These make, by far, the best tacos I have ever ate.

Now chuck hash for breakfast? Jim, this I GOT to try!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Now chuck hash for breakfast? Jim, this I GOT to try! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gonna give it a try tomorrow night for dinner(dinner for breakfast). Ill post how it turns out.

Back