Chuck Roll in KC Metro

Dean C.

TVWBB Fan
Anyone know of a good place to find one, no luck at Sams for some reason, looking for about a 14 to 15 pounder. Thanks.

Dean, Did you ask the butcher at Sam's? These are never out at my Sam's (they cut them into roasts), I have to tell them I want one. They get there shipments on Wed., so I just tell them prior that I will take one the following thurs.. Same with bone in butts paired in cryo. (they repackage these into singles and charge more.
Let us know.

If you live anywhere near Raytown call Dave at "The Store". It is a great neighborhood butcher shop and you won't be disappointed with the quality of meat. He cuts his own sides so can probably get what you want.

The Sam's club at 95th and I-35 carries them. You'll have to ask the butcher as I've yet to see them sitting out. Sometimes all they have are the HUGE ones. Hope this helps.

Lane,
I love those monster chucks.
icon_biggrin.gif

One thing I found out also from the Butcher at Sams the other day. He will sell me Packer Briskets, but only by the case. Maybe the way to go if I can get some folks to split with me as I have a hard time finding anything other than flats around here.

I was in sam's the other day and decided to try to talk to someone in the meat section. I had to stand around a while and finally caught one.

I asked first about tritip that I see everyone talking about on the board. He tells me they don't have that. I asked if they can get it he tells me no. I was so ticked that I forgot to ask about the chuck roll.

Brian, every so often when I am in sam's they will have a couple of whole packers in the case. Generally it seems it is more during the week than weekends. Out of curiousity how many are in a case? If that is what it takes to get them locally I may need to look into it. I know 2 guys who got WSM for Christmas.

Jeff,
That is a good question and one I assumed the answer would be 6, but didnt ask. I'm going to bring him a package of pork on sunday so I will ask.
My Sam's is strange on Briskets. Before one month ago, the briskets (flat) always were small and only a few to choose from. Lately, nice selection and nice looking briskets. But, never Packers.

My sams has been weird on briskets as well. Most of the time they are small. I got a 10 pounder a few weeks back. That was the first time I remember seeing them that big. This was just a flat mind you. It seems about one out of every four times I go to sams they have full packer out. With the exception being one time on like a tuesday they had 4 full packers in there. I have never seen that before and haven't seen it since.

If you have a wal-mart supercenter near you, you might check there for packers. At the supercenter in Beaufort they have packers occaisionally for $1.28. The sam's in charlotte is selling flats for about $3.

I just picked up a "whole chuck roll" at Sam's in cryo pack. It ran me $2.28/lb!!! Heck of a lot cheaper than precut. Now to figure out how to cut it up properly... Making "Beef in Barolo" (recipe in Cook's Illustrated) and need the Chuck Eye Roast...

Back