chuck roast cook

Stacy Hudson

TVWBB Member
I had a really bad day, so of course I will remedy this by smoking a hunk of meat tomorrow! I have two very nice hunks of chuck roast from Sams that I intend to pull. I plan on smoking them to 160 then wrapping them till about 200 205 after the rest time included. Seem reasonable?

I want some quality pulled beef for the fam...any suggestions? I plan of having the meat ont he cooker by 11 AM. Thanks! I will post pix!!!

I get better results with chuck roasts and the larger chuck rolls taking them up closer to 220.

Originally posted by Stacy Hudson:
I plan of having the meat ont he cooker by 11 AM.
How big are they? You may be eating late tonight. For pulled beef you have to cook them until a fork can twirl the meat like so much spaghetti. Don't just go by temp. Foiled, the temp doesn't mean much

Stacey, change that really bad day into a GREAT DAY!
Check out Larry Wolfe's Pepper Stout Beef.
I PROMISE you... if you try it, you'll L?VE IT!
Jim is right. We have done this at least four times and I continue to get requests to do it again. Try it......

that's it!
I'M doing it tomorrow!!
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN0957.JPG

I wound up letting the fam determine the food for the day. Smoked till about 195 but foiled at 160. Pulled the meat at 215 ...still hot from the cooler! Had a wonderful dinner with plans for kick butt beef and noodles tomorrow! Used a simple rub of lawries, onion, homegrown peppers, and fresh ground pepper.

Kiddo ate meal readily, and asked for more before bedtime. will make great tasting beef and noodles tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back