Chuck Eye and NY Strip on New Craycort Grate

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I finally pulled the trigger on the Craycort grate for my 22. Initiation will be NY Strip seasoned with
Penzeys Mitchell Street; Chuck Eye seasoned with Penzeys Chicago Steak Seasoning. Grilled potatoes, corn
and mushrooms will be the sides.
DSC_6909.jpg

The potatoes were hit with EEOO and seasoned with salt and garlic powder and wrapped in foil. The corn was
seasoned with EEOO and Penzeys Bicentennial seasoning and wrapped in foil. I am hoping to beat the upcoming
storm by getting the potatoes and corn a jump start in the foil. Both were then put onto the grill at a steady temp of 350.
DSC_6910.jpg

Potatoes and corn off the grill and mushrooms in butter and seasoned with Penzeys Old World Seasoning put onto the grill.
DSC_6913.jpg

Mushrooms getting ready to be pulled from grill.
DSC_6918.jpg

Steaks put onto the grill. It was getting ready to storm so I didn’t take the time to get the grill
as hot as I wanted it for the steaks.
DSC_6920.jpg

Steaks off the grill without much of any grill marks, but not really looking for them at this time,
just wanting to get into the house before the storm hits.
DSC_6926.jpg

Well the storm hit and knocked the power out in my house just as I pulled the steaks off the grill.
Actually a large tree took out the power line about half a block from our house. So dinner was plated
and I took a quick picture on the picnic table.
DSC_6929-001.jpg

Everything was very tasty. Steaks were done the way we like them and everything turned out the way I wanted it
to, so no big deal about no grill marks this time. I also really like the Penzeys Mitchell Street, adds a great
flavor to the meat. I really believe that I am going to like the Craycort grates as everything seemed to
cook more even and I didn’t have much temperature fluctuations. Not sure if that was the grates or I am just
getting better at vent control.
icon_razz.gif

Thanks for looking!

Nice work mike! Been thinking about ordering me some of those grates as well?!!!

Nice job beating the storm!

Congrats Mike on the new grate, and a picture perfect cook!
Hope you got your juice back on right away.

Nice looking cook. You will really enjoy the CI. In fact you will wonder how you got along without it! Still have not redeemed my Penzey's coupon for the Mitchell St. seasoning. I also doubt if I will buy any with that little jar being close to $5 and almost $9 for the big one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
You can order Craycort grates from Amazon using this link for the same price and comparable or better shipping as the Craycort site.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...UIC/thevirtualweberb

Regards,
Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did order them from Amazon Chris, but I think it may have been before I changed my Amazon link to indicate the TVWBB.

Back