chuck beef temps

P. Kelly

TVWBB Member
I have two 3.5 # chuck beef roasts on the WSM the internal temps are at 190. I pulled them let them rest for 30 minutes and tested the chucks for shredding...they were not as tender as anticipated. I returned them to the WSM, temps are at 250-275 and steady. I put them on for another raise in internal temp to 200. Am I pushing it or should I work towards another temp (200) or pull them and let them rest for a longer perriod of time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P. Kelly:
I have two 3.5 # chuck beef roasts on the WSM the internal temps are at 190. I pulled them let them rest for 30 minutes and tested the chucks for shredding...they were not as tender as anticipated. I returned them to the WSM, temps are at 250-275 and steady. I put them on for another raise in internal temp to 200. Am I pushing it or should I work towards another temp (200) or pull them and let them rest for a longer perriod of time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Throw the temps out the window.......keep them foiled and continue to cook until you can stick a fork in and twist. 'If' when you open the foil there is no juice in the foil, add a liquid....(beef stock, cola, dr. pepper) all will work fine. There should be alot of juice in the foil, but just in case.

What Larry said.....

BTW, I just finshed 2 pulled beef tacos....smoked with Wolfe Rub Bold and vac'd a couple months ago....man was that good! Smoked chuck is fast becoming one of my all time favs. and WRB is fantastic on beef.

Thanks guys, Larry I wrapped until 205 and tested it witha fork...wow what a differance. I be honest I was getting worried. Thanks for the advise. I hope to cook a 10-15# chuck in the near future. Pulled beef and pulled pork would be so much fun
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back