Chuck 7-bone roast

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Brisket flats looked thin and small today, so I picked up a 3+ POUND 7-bone roast instead after reading the "Pulled Beef" post.
What can I do with this?? I was wanting to do it today for diner. Gonna fire up the chimney with RO lump here soon. Is it too late?

Thanks Bill,
I saw that, but I would rather BBQ it like a brisket flat or small chuck roll. Its about 2" thick. I just put it on. I guess I will learn today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmfast:
Thanks Bill,
I saw that, but I would rather BBQ it like a brisket flat or small chuck roll. Its about 2" thick. I just put it on. I guess I will learn today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cook in the 245º-260º ramge until it reaches 165º, then foil and continue to cook until tender, usuall around 190º-205º........when you can insert a fork and twist it like you're twirling spaghetti....it's done, NOT until then!! That roast should take around 5-6 hours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmfast:
Thanks Larry,
I will do as you say. Probably gonna be a late diner tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you cook it? How did it turn out?

Yeh Jason,
I cooked it, but was not real happy with it. I will try a chuck roll next time if I can find a small one. The one I saw was huge. Way too much.

Back