Chronic Low Back Pain simple solution

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
Years of low back pain...not one who wants meds or back surgery.
I found a very simple solution for me. Thanks to this forum, two commenters mentioned they got relief from stretches and yoga. Thank you guys, you have made a huge difference in my back pain.

On Youtube: 15 minute Yin Yoga video for low back pain by A. Carver

I am not a physician. This is certainly not for everybody or every back pain BUT it has made a major improvement in my back pain. I hope this can help you. If you are not in good shape, don't exercise regularly etc. start SLOW and Easy.

I found a very simple solution for me. Thanks to this forum, two commenters mentioned they got relief from stretches and yoga. Thank you guys, you have made a huge difference in my back pain.

I am not a physician. This is certainly not for everybody or every back pain BUT it has made a major improvement in my back pain. I hope this can help you. If you are not in good shape, don't exercise regularly etc. start SLOW and Easy.
We try to be a full service BBQ site;-)

Seriously though, I can feel for you Steve.
I used to have a lot of lower back pain when I was working twelve hour shifts in a control room. Sitting for long periods of time monitoring computer screens was a killer. Over time, core muscles got weak. Yoga was really helpful getting though that. More standing and less sitting also helped.

Someone I used to work for went to a chiropractor on a monthly basis, until he got a referral to a good sports meds doctor. She figured out that he actually needed to do some upper leg stretches, and his back pain disappeared (as long as he kept up on the streatches, but that's another story.) No argument that for a lot of people, simple stretching can help a lot.

Thanks for this link. I too worked for decades sitting in front of computer monitors like some else commented. I have a bad lower back @L4, L5 and S1. Since I started working from home, I got a good chair (Steelcase Leap) and an Uplift Desk, so I can stand when I need a break from sitting.
I spent the last two days putting down new floors in my kitchen dining area, so my back is not happy. Advil and flexeril are my friends. I’m going to try this link when I recover enough to do so. Thanks again and good luck.

Thanks for this link. I too worked for decades sitting in front of computer monitors like some else commented. I have a bad lower back @L4, L5 and S1. Since I started working from home, I got a good chair (Steelcase Leap) and an Uplift Desk, so I can stand when I need a break from sitting.
I spent the last two days putting down new floors in my kitchen dining area, so my back is not happy. Advil and flexeril are my friends. I’m going to try this link when I recover enough to do so. Thanks again and good luck.
I use one of these. Amazing pressure relief and it brings lots of blood flow to the area you roll.

321 STRONG Foam Roller - Medium Density Deep Tissue Massager for Muscle Massage and Myofascial Trigger Point Release, with 4K eBook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9HBZ1Z/?tag=tvwb-20

I have a bad lower back @L4, L5 and S1.
I ruined my lower back when I was in my mid-20s by being stupid. I had the butt end of a 12' cedar log held out at arm's length, and started to bend at the waist. Yes, I heard and felt the pop, mild rupture in a lower disk (I'd have to go looking for the specific diagnosis.) I couldn't even tie my shoes for 2 days, and still if I twist just the wrong way, I'll lay myself up for a day.

If you haven't ruined your lower back, bend at the knees, not at the waist.......

Another L5 S1 victim (survivor!) here. Trashed my back working on cars; I also couldn't tie my own shoes.
I've been pain free for over 12 years now (knock on wood!) & I've learned to pay attention to what my back is telling me. Can't say enough great things about stretching/exercise/core.
And ice. Ice does wonders for inflation/swelling.

Back