Christmas present!

I know this is a Weber site, I have 3, but the beautiful Wife ordered me a Lodge Sportsmans Grill for Christmas, I can't wait to try that sucker out, wanted one for years. :)

I've always wanted a cast iron hibachi...just be careful you don't drop it on your foot!

FYI, if anyone's looking Cabela's has them on sale for $20 off ($90 vs. $110) with free shipping for in-store pickup. Unfortunately they're backordered for 8-9 weeks.

Love it!
Hopefully gonna break it in today.
Only bummer is one of the "ears" or tabs on the main body that accepts the screw that holds and the base together is broken, but it doesn't bother me enough to exchange it.
I'll either just carry it carefully or do a bead of JB weld between the base and body.

Michael, As far as JB Weld is concerned, it is not food grade. Might be better to exchange for a new unit. Just a thought.

Mine turned into a raw deal. A ex-brother-in-law, who was adamant about not coming over for Christmas called Christmas Eve and asked to come over. I didn't have a problem with that, but then my wife says "we need a gift for him." Next thing you know, my name if off the Sportsman and his name is on it...Grrrrrrr

He does BBQ, and he's quite good at it too. I'm sure he'll put it to good use, he was stoked about getting it (as he should be)

Mine turned into a raw deal. A ex-brother-in-law, who was adamant about not coming over for Christmas called Christmas Eve and asked to come over. I didn't have a problem with that, but then my wife says "we need a gift for him." Next thing you know, my name if off the Sportsman and his name is on it...Grrrrrrr

He does BBQ, and he's quite good at it too. I'm sure he'll put it to good use, he was stoked about getting it (as he should be)

It's better to give than receive! Ho Ho Ho!

(that's a raw deal! :) )

maybe you could get him to pay all your bills while he is there, something you have waited for fer years and now the in law gets it? maybe someone should re think priorties,

In all honesty, I feel bad for the guy. He's OK, he just makes putting people on meds make sense, LOL
One thing about giving him the Sportsman, it made telling my bride I ordered the new 22" Jumbo Joe go over a little easier (although I'm having a heck of a time explaining the need for 3 kettles)

Love this little booger, and I cook with cast iron so I'm aware of the maintenance involved, but this sucker will rust in a New York minute!
Lodge pre-seasoning on it is sketchy at best.
Soooo....rubbed the grate down with sausage grease, into the 500 degree oven it goes.

Need some action photos of your Sportsman Michael

Cliff, I didn't have time to get him something else, he called Christmas Eve, and we been drinking, so not road worthy. He is a good cook, and you could tell it meant the world to him, he don't have much of a world, so I guess I was bitten by the Christmas bug, I'm OK with it. Still haven't told the bride about the forthcoming 22" Jumbo Joe Premium, LOL

Back