Chili lime honey chicken thighs and one breast

Happy Hanukkah Brett!
The Chicken looks amazing! I have 4 thigh/legs quarters and a double bone in breast that will go on the kettle in the same configuration tomorrow night. I can't wait!

Happy Hanukkah Brett!
The Chicken looks amazing! I have 4 thigh/legs quarters and a double bone in breast that will go on the kettle in the same configuration tomorrow night. I can't wait!
Thank you.

Was a simple recipe.

Dry salt brined exposed the boneless breast and thighs.

Then in a large work bowl added gran garlic, chili flakes, fresh squeezed lime, avocado oil, gran onion, black pepper and honey. Mixed is all together with the chicken and then placed on a preheated grill, indirect on full blast. Cook temp was around 400°-450° throughout the cook. Total cook time was around 40 minutes.

I wish I had your time man.....
I love cooking and sharing great food, things like work get right in my way.
Dark when I drive to work......dark when I drive home from work.
Try to evade all travelling and plans on Saturday's is about my best option.
Which I did cook this Saturday, just didn't post it.
Looks great....love the colour on the chicken.

I wish I had your time man.....
I love cooking and sharing great food, things like work get right in my way.
Dark when I drive to work......dark when I drive home from work.
Try to evade all travelling and plans on Saturday's is about my best option.
Which I did cook this Saturday, just didn't post it.
Looks great....love the colour on the chicken.
the pics deceive you.

the applesauce was made a week ago.

the chicken was effortless. literally, salted, fridged, seasoned and grilled.

the gravy was a side hustle from a stock i had steeping since the AM with the bones of all this chicken which i deboned last week and then froze the bones.

the mashed pots took 25 mins start to finish, including washing, cutting, cooking and mashing up and then tossed into the oven to reheat.

the latkes were julienned in the cuisinart and then salted and let drain for 45 mins. the squeezed of liquid, added to a mixing bowl with panko, eggs, POG, romano cheese and avo oil, mixed and then formed while on parchment paper to bake at 375F for 45 mins till crisped.

and i did this all while deploying a new work laptop and watching football on Sunday.

sunday IS a cook day in my home so i can get ahead for the week.

i have a fully developed chicken stock into two 1qt containers now so i can make soup for dinner this week and will likely freeze the 2nd 1 qt for future cooks.

next time i will add the honey after the first 20 mins to the skin develops more crisp texture. the method i used resulted in a mix of crispy and slightly rubbery skin.

overall this was a high flavor, low effort dinner. and it was DANG cold outside to be grilling in shorts and flips. had to warm up by wearing a Niners cap to keep the body heat in and made a cup of tea to have with dinner.

my only fresh protein right now in the fridge are 4 pork tenderloins. i'll figure something out for those by Wednesday.

i am going to make an eggplant lasagna this week for either Thrs or Fri dinner.

personally, looking forward to Xmas where i get to enjoy a day where no once usually bothers, calls or needs me. and i'm grateful it's over a long weekend too.

wishing you all a very merry xmas filled with family, joy, health and happiness.

and the winter solstice is in a few days which means spring and outdoor eating/grilling season is right around the corner!

Back