Chili Garlic Spicy Grilled Shrimp and more ribs

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
My brother is still in town and I asked him what he wanted and he said he hadn't had good ribs in a while. So, I think this is the 4th freaking weekend I've cooked ribs. But I didn't want to let him down, as I said before his normal dinner is Hungry Man or Stouffers. I wasn't having any part of the ribs, as usual, so I decided on shrimp.

Started the ribs one rack with salt pepper and garlic, the other for my brother with Wolfe Rub Original. Cooking indirect with Royal Oak Lump and 3 medium pieces of cherry wood.
IMG_6050.jpg

While the ribs were smoking I took 2lbs of easy peel shrimp, which I normally do not like or buy. My wife bought these.....but that was okay, cause I didn't want steamed shrimp, wanted to do something different. I marinated the shrimp in a combination below. I did not measure, so these are guestimates.

Marinade
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
2 TBS Honey
2 TBS Minced Garlic
2 TBS Dried Minced Onion
1/2 Cup Chili Garlic Sauce

Marinated the shrimp for about an hour, little longer would be better.
IMG_6060.jpg
IMG_6061.jpg

Ribs are coming along nicely. This is after about an hour and a half. Temps, I dunno....didn't care..I was basing the cook on the number of beers and it seemed to work.
IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6052.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

Ribs are ready to sauce. I sauce with 50/50 Sweet Baby Rays and Honey with a little added WRO.
IMG_6066.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

On the 3rd and final layer of saucing of the ribs, I added the shrimp over direct heat.
IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg
IMG_6077.jpg

IMG_6078.jpg

IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6084.jpg

Ribs are done too!
IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

My plate along with Wolfe Beans and Broccoli Salad and Sriracha for dipping. The shrimp rocked!
IMG_6095.jpg

My brother caught yet again gnawing on a bone! Seem to have enjoyed them too!
IMG_6094.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

Larry,looks good as always! And I dig your timing method! I've been known to do the "how many have I had" timing method myself!
icon_biggrin.gif

Larry,
With all of that cooking going on, Nick may never leave!!!! Outstanding ribs and shrimp. Those shrimp look nice and spicey. I also second the "how many beers I have had" timing method.

I have had a great weekend.

Still after this post it seems like i missed something.

Great pics - beutiful food

-One love

Wolgast

What you are missing might be Freedom with a side of Liberty.

Just kidding. I had to use some of those words for the US Independence Day weekend. I would love to visit your area. Looks beautiful.

Great cook Larry! You always make it look easy to cook completely different things on the same grill. I wunt shrump.

Have a great holiday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ernie D:
Wolgast

What you are missing might be Freedom with a side of Liberty.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe as if

Those shrimp look great, Larry. Definitely something to try when I'm cooking for myself and don't have to share with the rest of the family.
icon_wink.gif

Brad

Larry -- great looking dinner! I like the chili garlic sauce even more than sriracha (and I love sriracha), so I might have to try your shrimp marinade. I use it a lot with mojo for a chicken/pork marinade, but I've also been known to add it to tuna or chicken salad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Des.:
Larry -- great looking dinner! I like the chili garlic sauce even more than sriracha (and I love sriracha), so I might have to try your shrimp marinade. I use it a lot with mojo for a chicken/pork marinade, but I've also been known to add it to tuna or chicken salad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!! Much better flavor, even though it's the same stuff....just the sriracha is pureed. Try the chili garlic sauce on fried eggs, I can't eat fried eggs anymore without it!

Ones u start using sriracha the addiction kicks in.

Use it on hot dogs,pizza,burgers,wraps,subs even on salad.

Love the pure heat effect without tasting alot off say: spices or vinegar.

//Me

Back