Chili Cheese Dogs

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Sorry I missed all the fun last week. We were on the Outer Banks in a house that didn't have internet.
icon_mad.gif
Check out these beauties.
icon_cool.gif

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

Anyway, all the food that went on while we were gone looks awesome and thanks again to Chris for the MVP honor. I'm really flattered.

It was a fun but expensive trip so tonight it's a meal on the cheap, chili cheese dogs.

IMG_0305.jpg

Not sure how most people cook their hotdogs but I've started to do them like this...indirect a few minutes and then move the one closest to the fire to the back and roll all of them towards the fire, kinda like hotdog roller thing you see in 7-11, only manual.

IMG_0306.jpg

Do this for 2 beers worth of time (for me, ymmv) until done.

IMG_0307.jpg

Then chili and cheese for those that want it (me) and back on--to melt the cheese--with the ones that don't (Leigh-Ann and Campbell).

IMG_0308.jpg

Then off. Campbell only likes catchup on hers and Leigh-Ann is doing the low carb thing so no bun...
icon_rolleyes.gif

IMG_0309.jpg

Then plate with some tots...

IMG_0310.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Great looking family Don! Glad to see you back and congrats again on your MVP! Your meal looks delicious! Would definitely scarf down a few of those!

Always love a good dog on the grill. As far as I am concerned you never need to apologize for an all American meal like that.

Mike

Great looking dogs Don!! Is see you and I use the same timer and Your Daughter is still as cute as ever!!

Don, Great looking meal, and I love the pic in front of the dunes. (It really got me OBX dreamin!) We have been doing a lot of dogs on the grill as of late, its the only way my sons will eat 'em now!
If I may, where abouts at the OBX did you stay? We have a place at Ocracoke for later this summer. Really looking forward to the relaxation.
again, great looking pics all around!
Tim

looks awesome. i do them this way when i have time.

i've also been known to open the can of chili and set it over direct heat, or even down in the coals to get it hot.

were you drinking PBR before it was cool to drink PBR?

Beauties, indeed, Don! And a proud Papa too!

Your cooks are so inspiring, Don, even something simple like chili dogs. The MVP is SO well-deserved - you have no idea! Thanks for everything, my friend! You da man!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim (the grillaholic):
If I may, where abouts at the OBX did you stay? We have a place at Ocracoke for later this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We were up north near Corolla (if you know the area, we were about a mile north of the Food Lion, one house off the beach). Have fun on your trip...wish I was joining you.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Truelove:
Can hardly wait to see your cooking posts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, Wayne. Once we got down there and discovered that the rental house didn't have internet (I mean, it had a freakin' elevator but no internet?!?
icon_mad.gif
) I didn't bother to document the cooks. It's amazing how reliant we have become on the internet. We missed it more than we should have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:
i've also been known to open the can of chili and set it over direct heat, or even down in the coals to get it hot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've done that before too but was nixed on that idea this time, if you know what I mean...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Don, can I ask if you like the Castleberry's chili for hot dogs? Probably a dumb Q since it's what you use, but I can't find it around here. I can order some online though. We have Hormel chili that I doctor up for football season, but it's too chunky for chili dogs & burgers. Sorry for the lame question... -Mickey

Nice and simple Don! What a great idea...

Love your first couple pictures as well...You have a cutie on your hands! Better work on your cleaning your shotgun skills!!

Back